Nerve damage in foot

So I had a neuroma in right foot and they did surgery in 2017 and it is not fixed. So I am trying to decide if cortisone shots is going to help.

4 Likes

I had a neuroma before and the cortisone shot took it away. Hurt like heck but dr said he needed to make me jump to make sure he hit the right spot.

4 Likes

It may, I too have nerve damage to my right ankle & foot. Had a major fall 10 years ago + neuropathy from diabetes. Now I’m checking into having it amputated, I cant deal with the pain anymore.

5 Likes

I feel u sorry it has hurt me for 3 to 4 years

2 Likes

Did u drive after? I had a cortisone shot before surgery and it made my foot numb kinda

3 Likes

If ur on pain meds I hope they can control it. I’m no longer getting relief, cant walk even in my apartment anymore, I’m completely relying on my chair

4 Likes

Yes I was able to drive. It was a bit numb after but considering I could hardly stand to have my shoes on before.

5 Likes

Yes. My boss let me have my shoe off.

3 Likes

I cant even wear a sock, it’s too swollen

3 Likes

Wow that is not good

2 Likes

No not on meds. Wow I was thinking on using crutches sometimes

3 Likes

I’ve been in a wheelchair or my powerchair since 2010

3 Likes

Did only one work or how many did you have to get?

2 Likes

Only needed the one. I have other nerve issues now.

3 Likes

Are they sure it is a neuroma? Possible neuropathy and lymphedema

4 Likes

I am a diabetic, also after a few years of severe pain they took all the hardware out, screws, pins, 6" plate. It did not relieve any of my pain & now after being on narcotics for so long they don’t phase the pain. I also developed RA, toes all curled up, but it’s so intense I want it amputated

2 Likes

So sorry. It looks painful.Have you seen a Podiatrist? I have fibromyalgia and neuropathy. Was able to work until 2017. Currently using a 4 wheeled walker with a seat because of back pain and balance issues. Pain dr is going to try an injection into my SI joint and I am going to be seeing a spinal scoliosis surgeon this week.

3 Likes

I do get shooting pain with my neuropathy

5 Likes

It was a shredded nerve and recut it out and still killing me.

3 Likes

Oh dear that sounds really bad.

4 Likes