Need to gain weight

I have been a dieabetic for 11 yrs and now I have lost too much weight and my blood sugars r terrible how can I gain weight

2 Likes

To gain weight you need to eat foods with the good fats. Such as lean red meats, real nut butters (almond butter, peanut butter), fruits, avocado, use the good oils as salad dressings (olive oil, canola oil).
But watch your blood sugars close.
You could also see a nutrionest. A nutritionist can help you plan your meals. Some nutrionest will take you shopping and teach you how to read labels, and choose proper foods.
Hope this helps you. Stay well and gentle hugs to you.

2 Likes

I mean if I wasnt on a fixed income I could get the foods I needed but according to the county I make to much for a family of 2

1 Like

I hear that. I like you do not always get some of the things I need.
I am 69 years old living off social security and $16 food stamps. I have been on a waiting list for senior housing but am basically in the same slot week after week.
Stay well and gentle hugs to you.

1 Like

I was diagnosed in September and I was 137. Today I am 127. I dont know the rate of speed you should be losing after I started eating without the junk. I have nutrition classes at up, but getting my gallbladder out tomorrow so have to reschedule.

My nutritionist from Kaiser Clinic gave me a copies on food nutrition and what to look for in the contents of the food. Hope you all have time to read this.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A63a3002e-38b6-4491-89e0-796131e29eb0