Need some advice

Caring for my 88 yr old Father. Has Dementia and other health issues…need a caregiver but does insurance pay for that or are there programs that pay for that? He will be going on home health but needs someone with him…any suggestions are greatly appreciated…thank you and God bless

5 Likes

Medicare & maybe Tricare might help?

2 Likes

The insurance does pay for home health aides depending on the insurance. I would call to find out and look up in the country and state you live for programs that would help you. I took care of my grandmother until she took her last breathe and I called her doctor to get help with programs and anything I needed to make her comfortable. Let me know how it goes first you. Also what state do you live in maybe I could help by looking online.

3 Likes

He has Humana Gold

1 Like

I live in Louisiana… I have been told insurance does not pay for someone to stay with patients…do you know if the rules have changed with insurances that they do allow this? Any help is appreciated thank you!

1 Like

Ok I live in New Jersey and we have programs here that the private insurance will pay for and we have programs that will help with those who have Medicaid and Medicare. The programs to look up are are at home programs (ex Right at home I’d one of our programs). Another thing you can do is call his doctor a d ask if they know of any programs. But I will look on this end to help you.

2 Likes

These are places I have found for home health care. You just have to get the numbers and call. I hope this helps some how. I definitely will continue to help look for you

2 Likes

Some of the pictures came through and others didn’t…I found out his insurance doesn’t pay for custodial care or companion care but does pay for home health

2 Likes

The pictures finally came theough…All of those places you sent me I have already which are home health agencies… I appreciate your help…I think I am gonna need something outside of home health

1 Like

Ok let me see if I can find the program we have her there. And I will get back to you as soon a possible

1 Like

Try IHSS thru welfare

1 Like

If he get medicad they will

2 Likes

Hi. My name is Julie. I am caring for my mom who is 87. She will be 88 in April. I am taking care of her. She also has been diagnosed with dementia and other health concerns. I have tried many places here in SC and they all say the is not eligible. She is in a wheelchair and lived alone until last June when we bought her to live with us. It’s been quite a struggle since I have trouble adjusting to the be person she is now becoming. I wish I could get assistance. This illness is very challenging and stressful mentally. Good luck in finding be help. I would appreciate any resources that have helped you. God bless you.

2 Likes

Already has Medicare and they do not cover custodial or companion care

2 Likes

That’s something I didn’t know. 😐
Thanks 4 the info.
Here’s wishing you a Great day!!

2 Likes

Did u find out what program she is in?

1 Like

Checking into Medicaid…not sure if he is eligible

1 Like

Did you see if she is eligible for Medicaid

1 Like

So I may have found something for you to check into. Hopefully they can help and direct you.

1 Like

Hi Luadep
Is your father a veteran. If so you can get the VA to help. My mother was with Alzheimer’s and we got a cargiver that was recommended but funds were running out so the VA paid for the caregiver. Check it out

2 Likes