Need help cleaning

I suffer from depression, seizures, anxiety I’m having a hard Tim keeping up with things with my apartment I just don’t have the energy like I use to…
What can I do I don’t have the $ to hire someone

6 Likes

If you have MEDICARE or Medicaid one of them will assest you, depending on your issues they give you so many hours a week. I’m I a wheelchair & multiple medical & other issues that complicates things more. I have a woman that works 5 hours a day 7 days a week. Shes a Godsend

6 Likes

Some churches have volunteers to help shut ins.

4 Likes

Go thru your insurance, if you go to church you might get help there, social services is another place you might try.

3 Likes

If ur close to me I will come help you for no charge. Do u hav any close kin/frnd tht can help you? Other suggestions as stated, insurances, churches, community help. Plz try all an get the help u need. Keep us informed. Take care, B Blessed an may the universe watch over you.

4 Likes

There are free agencies out there, you can go online and look them up. Also, try calling your neighborhood community center for information.

1 Like

Where are u from

I’m in alabama

Try calling a church organization.
Most churchs have people that are glad to help.
I have similar problems & my church has people come every 2 weeks to clean.
Good luck

Hi. Another great resource if you are over 60 contact your senior services in your county. Every state in the country has a local agency that provides those services. There is a service that can help you find your local agency. The phone number is 1-800-677-1116. If your under 60 you can dial 211 and be connected with a free referral service that can get you connected with resources in your community. Best of wishes and I hope this helps. Also, insurance is also a good idea but with my experience in my state most insurance companies only provide personal care assistance with some environmental. It’s usually short term. It is possible to get for long term but extremely difficult.

1 Like

I’ve had " LONG TERM " care through my Medicare for well over 15 years, my case worker through United Healthcare. Only once a year the case manager comes to my home to reassess my needs then determines how many hours a week I receive

1 Like

Thanks u

Glad you have a caseworker. Before my injury I was doing that kind of job. Here in New York state we check on our people every 3 months. Also depending on your situation if the hours are not enough you can always appeal the decision.

Yes as stated if you are on Medicaid or Medicare I’m not sure which I have both they have a program called IHSS in home supportive services. I think it’s Medicaid. Call your caseworker they’ll come do an in home assessment and see how many hours a month you are eligible for. I couldn’t do without it.

My heart goes out to you. I am in the same predicament depression and anxiety. I do not know of any organization that can help. I have paid people to assist me, but it’s hard to find good people that can really help you. Income is limited as with you. I think that this needs to be addressed for people struggling with mental disorders. I really would like to be able to help you with an answer. I will continue to search. I live in Tennessee. Remember that you are not alone. We are all in this together.

1 Like

To spirit-warrior you are so right more help is need to people who need it. I hope and pray that each and every person on here find the help they need. But do start with you insurance to see what they will offer. God bless you 😇 all.

1 Like

If we lived close I’d help, I’m limited on what I can do but I’m sure there something I can do. I hope you get some help.

I want to help you for no charges but i’m in morocco :(

I was care of mom and Bill long distance for a year which was driving me and my family in sane. And then I move them in and it didn’t get much easier. All I can tell you is to hang in there and that there will be people who come through and help, but don’t count on family and friends, because even siblings and my own kids let me down.

My house will never be as neat as it was, but I know I’ve done the right thing for mom and my stepfather

Medicaid will help IF you have it. I get 5 hours a day on a 7 day a week