Natural foods to help boost low blood sugar

Hello my name is Teddy Brown and I would like to know is what natural food you can eat to pick up your sugar levels?

Try about 1/2 cup fruit

2 Likes

Peanut butter

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on the information, instead of 1/2 cup of fruit can I try grapefruit or any type of tropical smoothie?

1 Like

Fruits , juices (orange), and peanut butter… These are all good to bring blood sugar levels up.

1 Like

Thank you I just don’t like peanut butter and was looking for something else I can have that I like, but look like I just have to try peanut butter… ahhh

My boyfriend had a crash this week and used chocolate milk, a cookie and moose track ice cream to come out of the crash. This infuriated me cuz it was so much junk. I see peanut butter was referenced…can peanut butter and/ or orange juice be utilized for crash? Other ideas …

My boyfriend has very busy and stressful day. He is not able to break away for sit-down lunch… he is looking for ideas for lunch that do not require bowl, fork, etc but more on the go foods. Presently he uses one mini bag of peanuts, one banana and can of low-sodium V8. He’s a type two diabetic not overweight. He eats a veggie omelette and I cook nutritious dinners.

1 Like

Glucose Tabs. Prescription from Doctor

2 Likes

My dietitian told me never use peanut butter on a sugar low. It’s a protein, and counter acts any sugar you’re using to get bs up. She said have half a jam sandwich, orange juice, quick acting sugars. But no protiens on a low.

2 Likes

Oranges, pineapple.

1 Like

Any fruit in any form will work to bring up bs. As for the lunch thing…peanut butter and jelly sandwich, chicken salad, anything with protein and slow absorption sugars. I use Xylitol as a sweetener instead of sugar. Its tastes just like sugar but absorbs slower and differently from sugar so intead of 4 grams of sugar it would be 2.5. Its worth the money as it has no after taste and sweetness is same as regular sugar. My son has type 1 diabetes since 3.5 years old. He is nine now.

2 Likes

Amended from previous message…
The only down side to xylitol is that it IS TOXIC TO DOGS!!

1 Like

To ScaredBear
They have these flat bread for sandwiches or the wraps. You can also use lettuce instead of bread. These are good for on the go people. Remember it is always in moderation when it comes to carbohydrates.

2 Likes

I do something called the 15:15 rule.
15 of fast acting carbs. NOT PEANUT BUTTER. that is not one.
Something like juice or glucose tabs or icing.
Then retest in 15 minutes
Repeat if needed

2 Likes

Oranges or orange juice, strawberries, and bananas are a good source from what I understand.

1 Like

The nutritionist told me that sugars combined with fats are more slowly absorbed/digested. So, peanut butter may not be the best choice.

1 Like

Hi, Is xylitol like the other substitute sugars men made?

Be careful with grapefruit. It affects some heart medication.

1 Like

That’s what I was told too. She said to have a glass of sugar water