Mental Roller Coaster

Lately it feels like my mental roller coaster has been a lot more wild! Almost like a fright ride from hell!! I don’t know why it’s been worse. I have not had any major events or changes in lifestyle or medications. I do finally get to go to a therapist in a about 3 weeks, it only took 3 months to get in. This community helps and things grateful for it! I feel myself slowly wanting to lock myself away. To just go to a room and never come out, that way I control what and who gets in. Does anyone else ever get that feeling?

4 Likes

I waited 2 months for a therapist then they cancelled it. Saying she had a death in the family…
Yes I have felt when I’m despairing like that…but now I pray to God and the Blessed Mother…In a catholic so I go to daily mass, this helps me immensely…I will pray for u…God bless you !💞☺

3 Likes

I’m a catholic…

2 Likes

Are you empathic?

2 Likes

Thank you! Just knowing I’m not alone helps. I am Baptist

3 Likes

Yes I believe I am

3 Likes

I believe that all of us at different times want to unplug, lock ourselves into a safe place, and wait things out. I know I have and many of the people I know or who I have counseled have said they have too. I believe that it’s a healthy response when we get overwhelmed or we desire to decompress.
For people who have a spiritual relationship we often get to do that during our meditation or prayer time. For others who have a healthy human relationship, just spending one on one time with that person does the same thing. It is vitally important to a person’s “sanity” that we are provided that type of an outlet.
So no, you aren’t on any sort of rollercoaster that is totally unique to you. Many people want to name that rollercoaster; mania, hypo or hyper…, etc. I’m not qualified to label you or anyone else. The one thing I can tell you for absolute sureness, you aren’t alone on your bumpy road.

3 Likes

Yes , It hard to deal with sometimes.

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Very hard

2 Likes

Hello, I am Gayle. I just found your icon on my cell phone and didn’t know about joining. Maybe my son added me. I have had COPD since 2005 and use oxygen 24/7. I live in Los Angeles In the West Hills area of the San Fernando Valley. I was a Social Worker for a long time. I noticed a comment by a man. Who has Autism and would like to suggest that he look on line for the national or local Autism society which can be very helpful finding social resources. Also I found a helpful section for keeping track of taking my meds daily day.

3 Likes