Meds for pain

Has anyone tried the Fentanyl patch? I’m trying to stop taking all the pills, also what about medical marijuana does it help?

8 Likes

Be very careful my doctor put me on them and I almost died … it goes off your body’s temperature and if ur body goes up or down it can push all the meds at once . I started to run a low grade fever because of my lupus and it pushed all the meds at once … my family rushed me to the hospital and they said that I got there just in time … Plz be very careful

12 Likes

Hi my son was in a car accident a few years ago and shattered just about every bone in his face. Fortunately there were no outer scars, but it’s a tough call on whether he has more bone or titanium in there now. He uses medical marijuana and it helps a lot, but when he comes down from his high he is so cranky nobody can stand to be around him. I have a lot of arthritic pain. I use CBD oil for it. I am on the lowest concentration and it does help, but I think I may try the next higher concentration.

14 Likes

Hi Suzy. I think it would be a little easier to give an opinion if we knew what type of pain you are treating. There is a world of difference between the patch and MM. But, if you have chronic pain, I worry about you using the patch. If you use something that strong now, what will you do as you age and develop a tolerance?

For instance, my daily pain level is normally around a 6 or 7. As painful as it is to start moving every day, I do it anyway because like my Dad use to say, “If you rest, you rust.” And how true that is! On the days my depression gets the best of me and I stay in bed, I have more pain, and a more difficult time getting up.

In my opinion, fentanyl should ONLY be considered for the most extreme pain, and never long term. I am only taking Tramadol, and have been for close to 10 years, and its clouding my thought processes, and slowing reaction time. Fentanyl would do that so much more, especially if used long term. It is STILL a drug, and still affects your system. Only the delivery method is different. But don’t fool yourself, it still gets into your bloodstream and affects your brain, otherwise you would still feel pain.

Wanting to get of pills is commendable. And MM will help take the edge off, but it will also cloud your brain. Your best bet is to get information from your pain control doctor, then ask several questions about the long term effects of whatever is offered. Injections can help, depending on what is being injected and where. I got several in both knees. Steroids, were not so good because they cause further damage, but then I got hyaluronic acid injections many months ago, and I STILL feel pretty decent, at least my knees do. The rest of me is still a mess. Just in case you have knee pain, I am including a link. Also, I am travelling to a state where marijuana is legal, and will be 'experimenting ’ to see how if would help. I will report back on it when I get back. Sorry this was so long. Here’s some info about knee injections. (If you are afraid, I get it. No one hates needles more than me. But its only like 5 minutes, if that of pain, but MONTHS of relief, and well worth it!)

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/hyaluronic-acid-injection-route/description/drg-20074557

13 Likes

If you want to get off your meds medical marijuana is the way to go. I went from a handful of pills down to 4 with help of the medical marijuana. Unfortunately the complex I recently moved into does not allow it on their premises so I walk and medicate. That’s the way to go

10 Likes

Wow, Nana04, that’s ridiculous! If you are in your own home, and it is a prescribed medication, I don’t know how they can tell you that you can’t do it! But, at least you are getting some exercise that way, right?

5 Likes

I wear the patches but still have to take hydrocodone to function outside of the house.

5 Likes

I’ve had chronic pain from migraines, back pain, and joint pain for 10 years. I get tramadol shots every 2 weeks. I take a mix of belbuca, medical marijuana, antidepressants, and nerve blocks. I still spend a lot of time in pain. Looking back, acupuncture was my best pain relief. I think the fentanyl patch is risky, but I am not a dr and do not know your medical history. And for nano Check about being denied smoking medical marijuana on your premises! Is it in a vape? I almost positive at your home u are allowed to smoke including outside using “discretion”.

6 Likes

I use CBD oil and thc for pain. Yes it really helps. My doctors are fully aware and have no issue with me using these natural medicines. CBD oil doesn’t contain thc but does help and is legal in most places. If you can obtain marijuana I recommend an Indica strain as those have a full body effect versus a head affect.

10 Likes

I’ve had the Fentanyl patch and it made me nauseous. I was gonna inquire about the medical marijuana but was hesitant bc I never liked the smell of marijuana at all.

4 Likes

Cont I have done acupuncture as well and I agree that it helps.

1 Like

Hey Suz I never heard of a Fenton’s is that another thing for pain pills thinking I’m with you with all this medication that I have to take, And now they want us to take pain pills I’m tired of it .the Pain cream does Not work for me anymore.

4 Likes

Pure 1000mg CBD oil is one if the things I use three times a day. It helps alleviate pain without a high. I also smoke marijuana and use thc oil. If I’m really hurting I smoke because it quickly works to remove the pain. I use Indica strains because they are a body high and not as much of a head high. I have chronic pain and have been on a lot of different prescriptions to try and help, they only made me feel worse. The marijuana isn’t addictive physically but if you start hurting you may find yourself wanting it not because you’re addicted but because it takes the pain away. It also helps with a lot of other conditions. I am a firm believer in the medical benefits of this herb.

13 Likes

Our bodies become tolerant to the fentanyl very quickly! I’ve been on a really high dose (150mcg) of the fentanyl patch for over 8 years. In the beginning, it was a dream come true… I didn’t have to worry or concern myself each and every time about having enough pills while I was out. Or making sure I had an extra stash in case I ended up staying longer than planned. The pills were a constant battle with the ups and downs if you weren’t consistent with an exact timetable. With that being said… after about 4 months I had to start adding a Lortab about once a day. The next was adding an oxycodone. And the before I knew it… I’m back on the exact number of pain pills that I was on when I was put on the fentanyl patch. In my opinion, starting the fentanyl was the biggest mistake I’ve made regarding medication. It’ll take over a year for them to help me “wean off” . It’s more of a liability than a help for pain relief. I live in a fogged state of mind, tired all of the time, can’t remember a conversion from the day before. I can’t increase (and would NOT even if I could) the dose. I had to have an emergency surgery last January- NOTHING touched the pain. If I could do it all over again, I would NEVER have started the fentanyl patch. I’d opt for the medical marijuana.

5 Likes

Hello I am 55years old and i have rheumatoid arthritis,and muscle spasm, I live with pain daily, I was taking so much medication, so I just stopped it completely, because they say my liver was inflamed, so I don’t want to take anything else, I’m not a person who likes to take medication, like you said it helps one thing and hurt something else, so be extremely careful what you are taken, and always with the advice of your Dr…

4 Likes

I vape Indica oil. It is really easy to control the smell because so little steam escapes from a single draw.
It is an instant body chemistry changer. Guaranteed relief.

5 Likes

You guys are all amazing!! I haven’t started taking it yet!! Pharmacist at Walgreens treated me like I was a drug addicted trying to scam the system. They were whispering to each other, questing me. I felt so humiliated. They had to call my doctor for verification because of the dosage. Still waiting!!! I’m feeling apprehensive because today I’m having a good day! I’m moving really good so I think “ hey that’s it, its over I’m cured” (lol). Of course yesterday while standing in the store I couldn’t move and was crying because I was literally frozen with pain. Thank you to that responded to me it all really helps hearing everyone’s situations. I hope everyone gets better and their pain goes away. Love to all of you ❤️

6 Likes

I would try CBD first. Marijuana worked for my pain. You have to find the right strain. If you live in a legal state reach out to a Dr that can explain benifits of Marijuana. Also i suggest edibles over smoking

3 Likes

Medical marijuana does help. Also try taking turmeric curcumin two pills in the morning. I buy mine on eBay. I take 3000 mg a day and my pain is very minimal since February

4 Likes

Yes, I was on it for years. It done wonders after it kicked in. It took a couple hours. I was also on Norco 10/325. I had to take one of them twice the first day. It helped the Fentynl patch kick in. I didn’t have to take anymore until the evening before the next patch. It does wear off the evening before the next patch.