Me and daughter

I have had ms seance june2011 know my youngest child is showing signs of MS I know they say it is not heredity but I am scared for her I don’t want that for her it is a hard life

1 Like

Yes it is a hard disease, but in my family I have MS and I have a sister who has fibromyalgia. Both of systems are a lot a like.

4 Likes

It is a difficult life to live but, it is better to find out now while she’s young. And the treatments are getting better and better and hopefully soon one day acure I was just reading about the about the stem cells that we had after using!

3 Likes

My daughter has MS but her MS is different than what I have. She is still mobile and living life. Not like me

3 Likes

I don’t care if they say it’s not hereditary my mama died from it and now it’s my turn. And I have seen other examples that it does follow family lines. I would make sure that her vitamin D lvls were always good that seems to have something to do with it.

4 Likes

Same here my mom died from MS now I have had it for 15 years and my niece is showing symptoms I don’t believe that it’s not heriditary☝️

4 Likes

They say it is not herretiary, but there is so much they don’t know about the disease.

4 Likes

I agree, Barbara. There’s a lot unknown about MS. Doctors don’t have all the answers. Be your own advocate.

4 Likes

Just don’t freak out
It may not be anything. Just be there for her no matter what

3 Likes

I do think it is herretiary

I have a neurologist that specializes in MS. She speaks all over the country. She said new research suggests that many patients which points to the fact that many have family with MS. My brother has MS, and I think my daughter has it. They diagnosed her with Fibromyalgia. She has never had an MRI so I still think she does. My sister also has fibromyalgia. My daughter was diagnosed with a rare disease. We fought it many years and she finally had a liver transplant which helped a lot. She is a mess with chronic renal failure and lots of other problems. I think they realize MS awould be just another problem. She has out lived her transplant so why add insult to injury. She is more incapacitated that I am

So sorry to hear about your family.

There are multiple forms of MS. My mom was diagnosed 33 years ago. She still does not have the brain lessions. Despite that, my neurologist won’t run anymore tests because I don’t have lessions. I have all the other symptoms, including the weakness (especially in my legs).

So sorry to hear about that, wish I could help, but my MS has restricted me also

Ty Barbara I do the best that I can do the worst thing that I got with my MS was 2 years after I also developed Epilepsy which was a big surprise.

My daughter has it too
So they can’t say it’s not hereditary. She has a different kind than I do. She is still working and is mobile. But so was l at that age.

I take 10,000IU of vitamin a day, that was recommended by my neurologist

1 Like

Same here sweetie I got tested and my vitamin D levels were at a 2

If it’s not hereditary then it has to be environmentally. That would atleast explain how mother and son could get it. By eating and drinking the same foods and being in the same environment.

I have MS as did my mother and her mother. It has to be hereditary.