Major disabling headaches

Hello I have always been prone to headaches and I have had some pretty bad ones but recently vI have been getting massive tension headaches regularly that are literally putting me out of commission. I was so sick the first one I got and it lasted for 2 days I was basically disabled and was so nauseated. I had to go to urgent care I don’t know how I managed to drive there. I was perscribed some medicine for tension headache I had to take several throughout the days for it to even start working. I recently went to the eye doctor I do need glasses for distances but he didn’t think it is causing the headaches. I have neck issues causing chronic pain but never headaches like these ever. I don’t know where these are coming from all of a sudden but they put me out of commission and now adding to my chronic pain are affecting me leaving work early even more often. Nothing helps, not heat, not cold both seem to make it worse, not laying down, not sitting up, doesn’t matter either way. I am just so frustrated with yet another health issue that is seems isn’t going away. I just got denied disability for my neck problems I have to leave work early alot and I cannot apply again for 60 days. I’m so sick of feeling this was constantly. I won’t even mention the medical bills. Looks like I’m calling the doctor again today.

4 Likes

Headaches are frustrating. Have you seen a neurologist? Have they done an MRI on your head. Sometimes pulps in sinus causes increase pressure which causes pain. A pinched nerve could increase pain and facial nerves can cause this. Also have you been checked for TMJ? Hope you get relief. Hugs

3 Likes

Prayers the headaches are horrible for me

2 Likes

Thank you. Sorry to hear that it’s just about the worst thing to deal with

1 Like

Thank you for this information I have not been tested for TMJ I will need to get to the doctor today so I will ask about that. And thank you for your caring and support

1 Like

You’re welcome. I had to have surgery for both my TMJ as both disc had dislocated and the ligament on the right had tor… this was in 1987. A dentist who specialized in TMJ did my surgery. They have some less invasive treatments such as physical therapy and bite guards

2 Likes

Sounds like a MIGRAINE headache

2 Likes

According to where it is it’s a tension headache but I feel like it’s almost impossible to really know with headaches I was wondering about a migraine ad well

2 Likes

I know that tension can bring on Migraines. That is usually what causes mine.
The 1st 1 I had, I physically ill.

2 Likes

I know that tension can bring on Migraines. That is usually what causes mine.
The 1st 1 I had, I physically ill.
I usually have to go to the chiropractor to get rid of mine.
My GP told me that pain pills don’t help migraines, because of the part of the brain they are in.
I did have a pharmacist tell me once to take plain aspirin. He said it helped to thin the blood that is pounding through the brain.
When I was on xanax, that also helps, because of the tension.
Medical marijuana also helps, if you can get it.
I am going to the chiropractor tomorrow. I have had a migraine all weekend.
Take care and stay safe.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info I usually see the chiropractor but I’ve been hesitant when I’ve had a headache because I usually get a slight headache after I go. I will keep the asprin in mind. Thank you for the info

2 Likes

Also I want to get my medical marijuana card as soon as I can

2 Likes

That’s how I was never felt that bad with a headache. I was pretty much disabled

2 Likes

Prayers for your headaches to go away… I use to get debilitating headaches from you know where 🤬 and would get them constantly, Like once or twice a week sometimes and they were worse than your regular headache, I would like you not only get a headache but would get this awful stiffness in my neck and even sometimes in my shoulders plus would get so nauseous 😩 It was horrible and honestly sometimes they would last anywhere from 1 to 3 days then one day my daughter wanted me to go with her to get an ear piercing that helps headaches… No joke it was the absolute best investment I ever made… I not only get very few headaches now but they are significantly less painful… I was and I am still blown away by how amazing it worked… Its called the Daith Piercing, It is a simple ear piercing but apparently there is a pressure point in the ear and it releaves it… I hope this info helps… It was my prayers 🙏 answered 💯

1 Like

Thank you I have 2 piercings already thee daith and the shenmen. I do need to get the shenmen piercing back in though it fell out.

1 Like

I recently bought CBD oil from a Pharmacy.
It really helped me a lot. I was surprised at, I was surprised when it helped with my migraine.
I really would rather have the medical marijuana. Maybe In May of next year, when I start collecting SS.
Take care.

1 Like

I want to get my medical marijuana card as well whenever I can afford it

1 Like

Right, we both would have already gotten it if the dr didn’t charge a fortune. But, it probably cost them a lot to keep up the license for it.
Take care.

1 Like

I know what you mean I suffer with migraine headaches they had to give me a prescription called Fioricet I went to the Social Security office they denied me I got chronic pain and I broke my ankle in two places I have high blood pressure the pain in my ankle I had knee surgery when I get the pain it makes my pressure real high so I had to end up getting a disability lawyer to fight for me since 2015 I found anyone my case on June 4th so you need to look for a disability lawyer to fight for you because of Social Security office they would deny you every time I got this disability lawyer named off the TV Lavan and neidenberg they fought for my daughter and they won the case for her I hope you feel a little better but get you a disability lawyer to fight for you

1 Like

Thank you for this information I hope you are doing well.