Magnesium Glycinate 400

My doctor has me taking this to help me sleep. It’s not helping. Does anyone know what it’s for? My doctor says to keep taking it.

1 Like

It is for blood glucose control, nerve and muscle function, blood circulation, and protein synthesis.

2 Likes

This minera is an electrolyte it can do a lot for the body. It helps your body stay hydrated. It is used as a lactive mostly, but has other uses. It helps the body maintain proper pH balance. Helps your cells store energy. Without magnesium the muscles can not relax and flex. Helps bones stay strong . Also helps with sleep in some people.
If your magnesium is low you do need to take this. However if you are not able to sleep you may need something else.
Be your own advocate and talk to your dr about this. There maybe something out there to help with sleep for you. Good luck.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help

1 Like

Thank you for your help

1 Like

You have a magnesium deficiency that’s why he’s giving you those to take or asking you to buy them to take for sleep ask your doctor to give you some Zolpidem they work for me

2 Likes

Thank you. I will

Hi everyone, new to Care Zone Community. I had my yearly blood draw, last year Dr called and said my pancreas was not making the insulin my body needs. This year numbers are high for my liver and I needed an ultrsound on my liver and a certain type of breathing test.
The results are in I have a fatty infaltrates and restrictive patterns in my breathing.

If your looking for a supplement that can help with sleep maybe look into Valerian tabs. They have helped me although they do not knock you out they help more for relaxation so you able to get to sleep faster. Chamomile is another one. Kava was supposed to be for calmness but I have kidney- liver problems.
So do some homework even though supps are otc it’s possible they have adverse effects especially long term.
But huh, doesn’t ALL medications? Sure seems it.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ll give it a try.

Look it up on you phone. ( AsK)google for the basic

I take reg mangnessum at bedtime but it is for my bone and muscles.

1 Like

I take half of one mg of melatonin 30-45 minutes before bed. And I rub a dab of Vicks vapor rub on the bridge of my nose every night

1 Like

Is that the e same as Fatty liver? I have that don’t know when it started.

My doctor recommended Melatonin 5mg daily at bedtime. Helps me.

Yes they do

Always look it up on the internet also I take my medicine to the pharmacy the pharmacist is the best person to tell you about your medicine because they did with medicine all the time I was told to talk to a pharmacist about my medicine not the doctor and it works for me every time