Lumps

hello everyone, m.y name is Sonia and I’m 53 years old. I have had with a therapist in 1999. I went blind, I gain over 60 lbs. in 2 months. Before I got lupus I was very healthy and didn’t have any problems and have to take my medication. All in one month I was told that I had diabetes and lupus. Now I suffer with depression, stress, neuropathy, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis, Parkinson disease and MS. sometime I be scared to go back to the doctor. sometime I be scared to go to the doctor cuz they might come up with something else new. So, everybody be strong don’t let your illness take over if you can.

6 Likes

Understand about Dr no desire to go back but having to… on count of needing to refill meds to keep functional

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder if the side effects of the medications aren’t worse than the actual issue you have

2 Likes

I know how you feel! Despite having 10 years of medical experience, I put off going to the doctor, even when I know something is wrong. I have multiple diagnoses to include Parkinson’s Disease. Sending prayers for Strength and Comfort.

2 Likes

I understand were you all coming from. Since the new year has started I have been in physical therapy for hands and arms, in and out of Drs offices, as well as labs and other tests and it isn’t going to slow down until the first of next month. I have my yearly labs and Dr visit the end of the month and I am afraid he will find something new. Let me explain… In 2018 I had my yearly right before I had my lumbar fusion done and Dr calls me and puts me on 500 mg of metformin because my pancreus is insulin resistant. Last year at my yearly doctor told me I have restrictive breathing patterns an fatty liver. Ok the fatty liver is moderative to severe and the c-pap they had me on was making things worse so now I am on a bi-pap and he wants me to lose wait and go on the Mediterranean or low fodmap diet. So I am not eager to get the results from this year’s yearly.
All that on top of everything else I have wrong going without my meds would put me in a chair.

2 Likes

Sonia,
I’m so sorry to hear about all of your health issues. I’m praying for you and sending you positive vibes. God bless you.🌹🙏🕯✝️🌹

1 Like

I hear you! Going to the doctor or them coming to me is the joy of my life. It’s like scratching a chalkboard every time I have to go. It’s like when people would say waiting for the other shoe to drop, well a closet full have fallen and it’s only time holding it still. Next week I go to a surgeon about my replacement knee my pain management doctor is afraid I might be rejecting the joint you know when he said that I need a replacement of that or I might loss my leg I didn’t even react. They family asked how it went I passed along the information and that’s it. They keep asking if I went to the doctor yet I can’t wait until I go and get it over with. I’m tired of pain, pills, and doctors every once in awhile i won’t talk anything like yesterday my stomach gave me a warning if you take it your not going to like I later. All this medication along with the WLS I had in 2005 has destroyed my body I’ve had 8 teeth taken out in less than 2 years I have 1more that should be filled I don’t have money to do. I had to drop my dental and life insurances. Keeping my job insurance would have been impossible it’s would be about half my retirement check. When you don’t get tou full pension because you retired early do to an injury or whatever sucks. I had the years but not the age.