Lost scared heartbroken

I took my boyfriend to the emergency room because he was having headaches sleeping allot and just not himself they did a C.T Scan and we found out that my boyfriend whom I’ve lived with for six years now has 4th stage non small cell lung cancer and it’s metastasized to his brain they say it’s aggressive and no cure he had brain surgery to remove a tumor and a cyst but he still has a non operable tumor above his brain stem he started radiation and he will soon start chemo. I try to be strong because he either seems to be in denial of how sick he truly is or he is handling it very well but it’s killing me inside knowing that I may lose him he’s 50 and I’m 47 and he truly is my everything. I want to be there for him for everything and be the person he needs me to be but lately I’ve been hiding away to cry all the time I’m trying to be strong for him but I’m scare. And I’m scared because I don’t know what to expect when he goes threw chemo and gets really sick I want to make sure that I’m doing everything I can for him and looking for any advice I can. Was to comfort him when he’s sick when to leave him alone and not irritate him things I need to watch for things to make him feel better along with emotional needs. Even treatment options if there’s anything that is looking promising. They didn’t give him a time line and they are treating him so don’t that mean that the Dr’s think maybe that there is some hope.

6 Likes

There’s always hope! God can do anything and heal anybody…I will pray he comforts you…I know a man with stage 4 lung cancer…I pray for him all the time…there’s ALWAYS a reason to hope!! And there is heaven…Jesus Christ died for is so we could have eternal life…if he doesn’t know about Jesus I suggest you talk to him about him now. If you don’t know about Jesus call a priest…he will know what to say…god bless you and I pray the blessed mother Mary Jesus mother will comfort you in this terrible time.

6 Likes

Look up the Budwig diet. I had stage 3 aggressive nine year ago and I followed this diet during chemo.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your words of support.

2 Likes

Your welcome…I,hope you do better…

1 Like

Hey Jen how are you doing tonight? Its 11 pm at night here in Omaha Nebraska…I got up from a nap at 7 :30 pm so I’m up for a bit. I had an I’m day. Got a new care giver so I hope she works out…also got a scholarship for the Krok center to go swimming , do water aerobics and use their gym…they also have art there…and yoga for a small fee…so I’m,looking up as God has deigned to bless me with these things and person…I’m trying to make a life for myself out here alone with God…it’s been a rough year with 4 different caregivers and the stress that went into all of that…going to try a bible study out at my sins church for older people though I’m 61 so I hope they aren’t old and grouchy…anyway at least I have something to hope for now…just have to stay motivated…let me know how your doing? If you feel like it. I care💝 …

2 Likes

Im doing ok. This is all so very new to me. He will be having a port for the chemo put in on the 14th and starts chemo on the 19. This Monday he will be done with radiation. I took him to the hospital because he had a headache that lasted a week. Come to find out it was from a tumors in his brain and now that is removed he’s been feeling great do much energy and he don’t seem sick at all it’s hard to believe that he is stage 4 lung cancer. He don’t cough or have trouble breathing like I would have expected. I know things will start to change when he starts chemo. It’s 1:48am in California I haven’t been sleeping very well since we found out sometimes I find myself watching him sleep cherishing every minute I have with him. And don’t allot of praying for god to heal his cancer. I hope your new care giver works out for you and thank you so very much for keeping us in your prayers. I have a friend that has some unknown illness and she’s in so much pain every day and I asked her once how do you do that don’t you get mad about it and she told me that the pain tells her to be thankful she’s here even for one more day and that she is blessed because so many people are so ungrateful for the life they have been giving and it time here. She took something I would have seen as so negative and seen positive in it. Good calls us all home some sooner then others but our time here is a gift. I’m still scared I had looked forward to growing old with him but I’m going to be grateful for the days we do have together.

3 Likes

Hey, I will pray chemotherapy works for him. I will also pray that you get some sleep. I know it’s hard to sleep when things are going wrong. Sometimes I get up in the middle of the night, and pray and read books about God. It comforts me. At least you can look at your friend and see that he’s sleeping. God is watching over him and you. The Blessed Mother will comfort you in this time of distress. It seems like all you can do is be kind, loving and above all accept what is sent to you. I find that very difficult at times and cry because of my situation. I personally would rather go to heaven then to be down here on Earth. But that’s just my prerogative. Today is a sunny day and I’m going to go 2 the taste of Omaha. It’s a place kind of like the Farmers Market only bigger with everything in Omaha. It’s going to be a hot summer so I’ll be swimming and at the gym and inside. I’m really out of shape because I haven’t walked 4 A year because of the weather. So I’m glad to find something I can finally do indoors during the summer and the winter. I will remember the 19th as your friend is going in for chemo. The person at church just told me about a movie call breakthrough. You should look it up. It’s about a mother who has faith in the Holy Spirit and God brings her son back to life after he was under the ice for 40 minutes. Nobody would believe her or have faith like she did. Prayer is very powerful and God hears us. So keep praying and don’t give up. There’s always Reason for Hope. Kathy

2 Likes

When going through cancer never stop just keep moving even if it a little slower but never stop the faith. You will eventually walk right out of this hell.

1 Like

So sorry, may GOD comfort you both & may JESUS CARRY you both. May the Healing BLOOD of JESUS Heal your boyfriend

3 Likes

My thoughts n prayers are with you and your bf. Hang in.

Will the radiation and chemo keep him alive for a month, cure him, just an attempt to shut you up?
They are awfully painful to live through. My friend had nothing and was much happier and lived to the month of the health field prediction
If she had radiation and chemo.

1 Like

My heart goes out to you and your boyfriend. I pray to God that He will sustain both of you. Please remember that He loves you. I do too.

So sorry you are going thru this. I had a seizure in March while we were camping and another one while they were helicopter to a Hosiptal . Found out I had stage four lung cancer. They operated got one the one tumor out and another one popped up. Did radiation 5 times than so far had one round chemo of treatment. Started second round but just on maintenance till I get a pet scan to see if it worked I am scared but I know God is with me to help me along it’s not easy but so far so good . Don’t have the strength to do alit it takes a lot out of you . Just be there for him That’s what counts my husband has been there for me .

Check WebMD & Mayo clinic websites. They have credible & valuable information. Don’t just Google it. Lots of ads & not reliable information on Google. May God hold you & your bf in his loving arms. May God give his doctors the skill & knowledge to take care of this. You HAVE to take care of yourself first to be able to take care of him. Find some support groups in your area, they can be helpful.

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear about the stage 4 cancer. Please don’t be offended when I ask what doctor is saying about the chemo? What results and the odds if he does do chemo. I have watched 3, 2 brothers and mother die all of which had chemo. I was just diagnosed with lung cancer but will not have chemo. I saw what it can do to a person and to be honest I don’t want to get physically sick when I already know my outcome. I am now doing my bucket list and will keep doing it until I can’t go more. God knows when its time. I will pray for both of you two to make a decision you can live with.

I am not having chemo done. I don’t want to be sick in the time left. I will do things I have always wanted to… live a free life and when its my time at least I enjoyed up until then.

1 Like

Bucket lists
Things that he wants to do before he dies make a wish foundation. Fresh fruits and vegetables that can help the vitamins in his body. Especially red fruits like tomatoes and strawberry’s these vegetables have lycopene in them and vitamin C oranges and bananas for potassium for helping with these are good immunity builders something that can help replace the energy taken out by the chemo.

Last will and testament if he is catholic last rights. DNR

Some people like to give future advice to their children and the spouse.

(Plan)

Massage therapy can help with fatigue. Do you have children.?
If so make memories on his good days.

Sorry to hear what your going through my friend just past away in June from cancer it’s hard I have his cat.

2 Likes

I’m hoping your doing better, tell me what is going on.

Look at the Budwig diet and keep the faith that know where this train is going and he’ll give you the strength to fight if you want. There are many holistic ways.