Losing weight! Yes!

About 6 weeks ago, I woke up and decided that I had been fat (216lbs)way to long. So I started no carbs over 10, swapped out sugar for organic coconut sugar. Gave up my sweet tea. Killer I’m southern😪!. Today I broke 200 lbs. 199.6 yea! My goal is 160lb. 20lbs at a time. I’m hoping by summer to reach my goal. But what am I gonna do with all the loose flab 🤣

17 Likes

Congratulations on your accomplishment and on your weight-loss journey! Other than plastic surgery, I wish I knew of a magic bullet for the “loose flab.” However, I know of one individual who lost a bunch of weight and he said that what worked for his loose skin was just building some muscle mass and that took care of 99% of it. My dad lost over 250 pounds in the span of 1 1/2 years and he had the same situation. .

3 Likes

Thank you. YMCA here I come

2 Likes

That is excellent congratulations.

1 Like

That was a shock for me also…I went from 302 after 15 years of bad meds and lithium and depakote both weight gainers to 135 in two years on weight watchers. I exercised every day from 42-44.I wore a size 6.
I tucked my shirts in and looked awesome. People didn’t recognize me as I looked so different.
After 2 months my doctor put me on lithium…I should have remembered why I got off of it. Weight gain…so then I gained 10 lbs a month for 8 months…I was so angry and depressed that I went back up to 200 after all the discipline I showed for 2 years.
I kept eating WwWay and exercising.

The weight just came on.
My eating habits changed after I got to 200 when I decided not to,take it anymore…
I,just ate what I wanted…I think I gave up then…18 years later I’m still at 200.

The extra skin will be there.

I was so disappointed I didn’t look like I did when I was 33.
I had no idea that my skin would just hang there. Though I got my stomach and backside stronger…my legs had a bit of extra skin but I wore shorts that came to my knees.
I had a size 8 bathing suit.
So its hard to get there and then have you psychiatrist put you on a weight gaining med. I was very angry about that for a long time.
So just keep exercising.
160 is still a lot for me…maybe you skin won’t sag. You didn’t say how old you were.
Anyway you’ll look,awesome in your clothes!! Good luck!🐯

3 Likes

63 years old

2 Likes

Well one thing I know is that losing weight is 80% mental and 20% physical…if you have a strong mind you can get there…just keep doing what your doing…the weight will come off…my sons air force special forces had a sign in their main room and they had to touch or hit it on their way out for their training…it said NEVER QUIT!# I NEVER DID and that’s how I got down to 135 lbs…it take a huge amount of discipline to lose weight and keep it off… But if your will is strong enough you should be able to stay on your diet and work out…once again Way To Go!!

2 Likes

I’m an Aries, quit is not in our vocabulary lol

3 Likes

😊 you’re doing a very good job

2 Likes

Weight update…I’m down to 192. But seems I’m stuck there. 2 weeks no lower weight. Sometimes it actually it goes up. I get so mad. It
It means I have to waste another 2 days to loss a couple a couple lbs. I haven’t changed my diet at all. But hey what r you to do… Be stubborn and don’t give up. Maybe u don’t have the waist of Barbie, but hell I didn’t have that at 19. But you know what u have that’s strength and determination. Plus just convince ur self that nobody else’s option matters. U can to this, I know u can. I’m on some heavy meds too. Just read everything ur going to 15 carbs 5 sugar. No pasta.😭 and 1 more by a really cute outfit to fit your goal size, and keep it in plain site and tell it I’m coming. Whenever you feel defeated send me a post.

Congratulations, keep up the good work. I need to drop 61 lbs…ugh

Congratulations keep up the great journey 😁

Due as 20lbs a time. Treat urself to something after each 20lbs

I read that as fat cells shrink, you lose weight. Then as fat cells shrink more, they fill up with water which increases weight but your fat level is down. Then you lose the water weight, your weight is down, you’ve lost both fat &water weight. So don’t worry if the scale goes back up. Our bodies do all kinds of jigs on a cellular level. Keep to the diet and things will flush out. So I’ve read 🤤

1 Like

Thank you for the share

Congratulations on losing. Definitely hit the gym. If your losing at a moderate rate, which it sounds like. If you had weights to your cardio maybe 3 times a week, you should most definitely begin to see changes. Oh and remember protein. Thata VERY important for ur muscles. U do not want ur system chosing to use ur for energy. So keep ur protein intake around half ur body weight. (There is an exact way to find the #, u can Google). It’s about 1/2 ur weight, so until u find that number it’s a good target. Protein shakes can help with that. Be careful of the sugar content with some of the premade ones though.
It’s what I do now. Down from 2t0 to 180 (as of this morning)

1 Like