Losing excess weight

I am 62 and I want to lose 80 pds. I am looking for suggestions. I just started today in fact. I was told by a close friend that said he had a good result with drinking a cup of tea with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar 2x’s a day for 30 days. So I will let you know how that works out. Wish me luck.

5 Likes

If you like salads, eating a salad a day will help with losing weight. Use oil and vinegar for the dressing.

4 Likes

Hi…
I am 62. I’ve been the diet route. Weight watchers 2 years and lost 168 lbs…went from 303 to 135. It can be done but I’m not doing it again.
I am not married or dating…so I weigh 227.
I’m happy with my life and myself…wishing you strength mentally…because diets are mentally where your at…
You have to be hard core to make your weight go down…stay strong…good luck😎

5 Likes

Well I have battled weight my whole life. The best program I found is the 21 day fix by beach body. It’s a portion control diet. And if you have pinterest you can get the info on there instead of buui g the program all but the work out. I really didn’t exercise a whole lot to be honest. Have not been on it in forever. And am needing to get healthy again to help control my diabetes. So what I have done is really watch my carb intake plus the sodium and go by the serving size. Cut out stuff like lunch meat which is fattening. I watch more stuff not to just lose weight but control my diabetes now more than ever cause of the coronavirus. Basically portion out your food ma yuh be drink a glass of water first.

1 Like

Look into the Naturally Slim program. You may enjoy it.

1 Like

Hello again HA! I’m 55 and over 300lbs. I started using an app to track my intake and exercise. With the help of other apps it will even track your steps. I am also attending weight management classes as a prerequisite of gastric bypass surgery which I was supposed to get in August, but as with everything, it depends on the outcome of this pandemic. However, I have been limiting my sugar intake and portion sizes and have lost 20+lbs in the last two months. I started this journey with a weight of 347. I now weigh 327. The app I use is MyFitnessPal.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myfitnesspal.android
I wish you luck in your journey!!

3 Likes

Hello, I am 56. I have lost 150lbs. I cut out all snacking. I eat 3 small meals a day. I stay away from anything white: no white potatoes, rice, flour, etc. I try to stay to away from processed foods and prep my foods for the week. I try take a walk at least once or twice a day.

4 Likes

These are all great suggestions. I am on a limited income. Up till now, I have buying food for comfort. The struggle is real. I am going approach one day at a time. My goal is to eat breakfast, maybe a salad for lunch and a small dinner. I will say since I started putting the apple cider vinegar in my tea in the morning. It has cut down on my cravings for random junk. So that is a start. I will try to post my weight weekly to show my progress. Thank you everyone for the encouragement.
Peace and blessings

3 Likes

Congratulations…keep it up…keep us posted

1 Like

Absolutely

Good job chase with honey

Good job chase with honey

Congratulations!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

1 Like

Dr. Phil, has a good book out on losing weight it’s called the 2020 diet and I’m sure you can pick that book up almost anywhere I personally have not tried it but a lot of people has a lost weight and they said they never went hungry. It’s just a thought God bless you

1 Like

Good morning everyone. Have a fantastic day.

I am 68 and have fought with being over weight since childhood.
I have been doing the part time fasting. I don’t eat my breakfast until noon and stop eating at six PM. I lost 50 pounds doing this last summer. I didn’t limit what I ate, but instead focused on how much I ate. Unfortunately I quit being so good about things and have gained 20 pounds back. Time to get with the program.
Be sure to take vitamins and get enough protein in your diet. I wish you luck.