Looking for a diagnosis?

In nov 2018-Brain scan showed white matter lesions , Consistent with MS.
Started out with headaches daily and trimmers in one hand and speaking problems -vision problems that ended up being cataracts.
Diagnosed with Hashimoto’s 5 years ago but blood work is good for that.
June 2019- had tingling and burning pain down front of right leg and
Had neck and spine MRI , neurologist said he was not convinced it was MS -and two days later went to the hospital for septic shock.
Now I have tingling and burning pains in right and left leg and on and off in feet and I am so tired all the time.

Anyone have any ideas ?

I am going to see a new neurologist in a couple weeks :(

My M.S. was hard to determine at first but mine sounds hauntingly familiar to what you are describing. The eye doctor was the one who had me go and check for brain diseases. Infact the one who diagnosed me got dismissed because they didn’t believe her. I wish I could she her again and give her a hug because if it wasn’t for her I would be so much worse than I am today.

1 Like

Wow - I hope it’s not this hard to get some kind of diagnosis for everyone, I can’t Believe it has been almost over a year and a half since I had my first symptoms -

some days are better than others
For me , is that normal?
And do the symptoms come and go ?

1 Like

Yes that is exactly how it is for me

4 Likes

Hello Cindylou, has any question of sciatica been explored? The leg tingling and stinging sensations possibly could be mechanical, not physiological, and could then be treated by manipulation rather than medication. I also wonder if the fatigue could be CFS. Whatever you do find, I sure hope you’re able to find some answers and obtain treatment that makes you more comfortable. Best of luck!

1 Like

They usually come and go, but it depends in what type if MS one has. There are 4 types; you should explore your symptoms and discuss with your care provider the different types to determine yours. Each type requires different treatment protocols as well. The NMSS can help direct you to education and resources in your area.

1 Like

Yes the family doctor thought maybe The sciatica but numbness is in the front of my legs.
They tried giving me Amitriptylin to help me sleep and to see if it would help with headaches and muscle cramps but it did nothing for me but made me very moody among other bad things.
The other neurologist ruled out sciatica, he just told me” I don’t know what could be causing the numbness in your legs and burning pain”, and sent me home.
I told my family physician this and they thought it would be a good idea to see a new neurologist as well. Uggg

I’ll definitely check out the NMSS
Thank u

Have you had MRI’s done sweetheart? Because when I saw my brain for the first time I thought that I had weeks to live until the doctor told me those ear ringing words "I think that you have M.S. because if you have lesions on your brain that consists of white matter. Then you too might have M.S. I hate to hear that anyone else might have it. It has really upset my life I was married for 17 years and I started to get worse so she took my 4 children and left me all alone. Hopefully things won’t end up like that for you. I pray that they don’t infact. But you really find out who your friends are and who truly cares for you after sometime like this. May everything be ok in your life and I am praying that It’s all a mistake for you.

3 Likes

I wish the scan was clear but so far I had an MRI without contrast and it did show white lesions consistent with MS-
I just wish they would tell me what was wrong ,that was in November i’ve been worrying about it every sense :/
And my legs won’t let me forget about it, uggg

3 Likes

So sorry you are having so much trouble getting answers!! Sounds to me like you are having an MS flare up! Good luck with the new neurologist!!!

1 Like

Thank u :)

It took 3 neurologists a couple months to diagnose my ms. I was told it was a rare form of cancer and it wasn’t until my 2nd lumbar puncture they diagnosed as Ms. Onset for me was a total vision loss and headaches. That was 2006 and now having more severe symptoms with limbs. Every case is so different. Hang in there. If you ever need anything or have any questions reach out. Best wishes!

1 Like

Thank u I got a different neurologist now and I will be going in for a lumbar puncture soon

1 Like

Good luck! 🧡

1 Like

My new neurologist tested me for that I’m not sure what CFS is

Thank you 🙂

1 Like

If your neurologist has not yet suggested it, I would broach the idea of a lumbar puncture. It only has value if you’re in active relapse, but it could give you both an answer. Best of luck, and great hopes for relief of your awful discomfort. 🤗

2 Likes

CFS = Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 🙂

1 Like

This made me cry because I have those exact symptoms and I don’t have a diagnosis my neurologist too is not convinced that I have MS running test after test despite the white lesions and the mirror symptoms to MS. My thoughts are with you 🌸

2 Likes