Living with pain

Hi all. I’m a 47 year old wife and mom who lives with chronic pain. it’s easier to say where I dont have pain than to list all the places I experience it. 🤔 where dont I have pain? The past 4 weeks at least 1x a week I’ve been in the er for abdominal pain with no results. This sucks. makea me not want to go. But the pain is so severe. Why do things get bad always after houra

7 Likes

Do u still have your gallbladder??

4 Likes

Does anyone have arthritis in your family? (specifically Lupus?)

4 Likes

Is it mostly abdominal pain? You could have an autoimmune disease like celiac disease or lupus which affects many parts of your body.

5 Likes

Don’t get discouraged. I went so many years undiagnosed correctly. I moved to another part of the state in Washington and sent to a rheumatologist and diagnosed with Sjorgens disease, which is an autoimmune disease of arthritis. I hurt all over including my muscles and joints. I am on medication now that is helping and I can walk much better than I did a year ago. Prayers for you. Hang in there. God Bless

5 Likes

Everyone making a good point.
But we need more information.to actually help.
Do you have any nausea or vomiting with this pain? Or diarrhea or constipation?
What othet diagnosis do you have? This could be secondary to one of them.
Please send more info.
Stay well and gentle hugs to you.

3 Likes

Try rubbing mustard oil in and around your belly button 2-3 times a day

3 Likes

Have you had a upper GI to see what’s going on ?

4 Likes

yes I do have my gallbladder

4 Likes

not that I know of. I do have osteoarthritis

3 Likes

they did test for celiac at my last ER visit. as far as lupus goes. no one has ever mentioned that

3 Likes

thank you. I’m see THE my GI doctor any minute. I just want answers and not more of the idk’s. that’s what’s so frustrating.

3 Likes

I have all. nauseated, vomiting when I eat actual food. just nauseated mostly from drinking fluids. pain gets intense after eating meat, eggs, even broth. it’s so intense I’m doubled over…

3 Likes

So, after 4 er visits I finally got to see the GI doctor. who agrees my Gastric doctor is an A$$hat. (she used to work in the same hospital).
But, shes going to schedule an Colonoscopy and an upper GI … unfortunately they will have to be done at different times. because I’d have to wait until February to have them done at the same time. I just want answers. I did ask her about Lupus. she said not her area of expertise. But too definitely follow up with my PCP to have that checked.
Tomorrow I see the podiatrist for my planter fasitics…
I mean what part of my body doesn’t hurt? 🤦🏽‍♀️

4 Likes

getting scheduled today

3 Likes

You are definitely on yhe right yrack to solve your gut pain. I pray it is not one of the hard to treat to tteat ones. It sounds like you definitely have some kind of inflammatory process going on there.
Do follow through with the question on lupus. The sooner you know the better. If you do have it you can start treatment. If you do it may explaine a lot of the problems you have been having.
Praying for your health. Stay well and gentle hugs to you.

3 Likes

I hope you get the answers and it’s nothing real major wrong. You know what I mean just a diet change or meds can help nothing like life threatening. Keep up to date will be thinking and praying for you.

4 Likes

When I had stomach issues it turned out to be my gallbladder. Took months for them to figure it out. You may wasnt them to check it

4 Likes

thank you. I have a host of appointments lined up this month, in preparation for my knee surgery. so when I see my pcp. I will be sure to mention lupus

3 Likes

thank you. I know what you mean. I’m hoping its something that’s an easy fix as well.

3 Likes