Little Advice Please

Hi guys. My mom recommended I use this app to track my meds. I have GAD, BPD, Bipolar, RAD, MDD, PTSD, and just completed 1 month of no self injurious behavior.

15 Likes

Welcome Congratulations on 1 month

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Congratulations on your 1 month not hurting yourself! You should be proud! I’ll pray you can continue this journey of self Improvement!! If you feel your loosing it, please come chat with us!

1 Like

I’ve been there walking the no one cares so why should I be here road. It gets better as you find yourself. I spent 5 years trying tti kill myself now I’m much happier knowing that I am valuable for my skills and knowledge. I actually enjoy working with wood when I start to feel depressed. Perhaps you might find a hobby that calls to you even in depression depths.

Best wishes for your continued existence,
Jeff

2 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS, my daughter went through the cutting her self. She’s came a long way and it sounds like u have to. This app is great for keeping track, I use it to track mine. I’ll b praying for u.

1 Like

Great work on self harm. Use distraction if urge comes. I use this app for meds. It’s great help.

1 Like

Oops. Was for lizmarie.

2 Likes

Its ok lol

Great work on self harm. Use distraction if urge comes. I use this app for meds. It’s great help.

2 Likes

What hobbies interest you? I’d suggest making a list of what you enjoy for disaster(wow Google has an amusing sense if humor since I was trying to say ‘spare’) time fun. Take that list to be able to make choices as to what is both enjoyable and achievable mixed with your space and spend abilities. For myself I have since everything from fixing a spinning wheel, to putting together web sites. I was trained to work in IT so I have that benefit mixed with the negatives of chronic depression, migraines, and if that wasn’t bad enough I also deal with schizo affective disorder. My therapist had recommended I find ways to distract myself from those more lethal ideas provided by my hallucinations. So I was amused to find that certain movies (my favorite is ‘Noises Off’) will help me forget the bad ideas while I’m also working to distract myself from those lethal ideas. I’m hoping that something here can be taken for use by you or someone else who deals with self destructive ideas or worse command hallucinations. Let me know if you want to speak in person to me about any idea you want or need to work on.

Hugs,
Jeff

2 Likes

Congratulations of on your one month anniversary!!! I remember when I was there. It has been many years since I have engaged in deliberate self harm and I am so glad I learned better ways to cope.

1 Like

That is a great thing to share! It also reminds us to live each day as it arrives and to tackle each moment when it’s in front of us.
I pray that you will have many more months of freedom from injurious behavior. If you can make it 30 days you can make 30 more.
May you continue to be blessed.

1 Like

I was just in the hospital myself for the same reason but I was released and I’ve been doing great so I’m so proud of you be very proud of yourself you’ve come so far congratulations and keep up the good work your beautiful Let It Shine through☀️😊

1 Like

Congrats. I’ve there before.

1 Like

Congrats on your one month!

1 Like

Congrats keep up the good work and stay strong God bless you

1 Like

I’ve been dealing with mental illness for years. 40 years to be honest. I want to say I am very proud of you for asking this question and would make a few suggestions that may help you. Because I have been where you are before.
Is BPD borderline personality disorder? And you have
Bipolar?
I’m confused. From my experience, you are either BPD or Bipolar. Not both.
If you are BP its because you are missing chemicals in your brain. BPD is caused by trauma. BPD is often misdiagnosed as BP. You can’t be both. Either you’re missing the chemical or you aren’t. The only thing that I found that helps BPD is therapy to help with the trauma. And another thing
I see you have all the labels they give us and try to help us with. Tell them to forget the labels and diagnose you again preferably after a new counselor who will just talks to you to get you your diagnosis. One that hasn’t read your file. I did this after 25 years and let me tell you I’ve done so much better in the last 3 years then I did in the previous 22 years I’ve gotten help. Sometimes If they keep looking at your labels they aren’t going to see you aren’t on the right path. Every time I went to see new people I gave them my diagnosis and they treated me for that. It wasn’t until I talked to a new counselor and she didn’t see the records that I got on the right track.
It is still a struggle but not as daily as it used to be. And I finally understand my behaviors and I have new skills to cope with them. I often said the medicines they gave me didn’t work. And I was right because I did not need them. You can only imagine my heartbreak knowing I was given so many pills for so long that I truly did not need it. Now I have liver problems because all those pills are filtered through the liver. Would I have developed liver problems if I did not take those meds? Hard to say. And it’s very hard to trust them after what I feel is a major mistake but I do because I can see and feel the difference in me.
Btw I have BPD, anxiety, PTSD and depression. I am off all meds but 2. One for depression and one to stabilize my mood. I will never be off the depression meds but I have decreased the mood stabilizer. When I went back I was on about 4 different meds for all my labels. Lol.
I will pray that you do well and you find your peace. Good luck to you. And happy life!