Just wanna say hello!

Hello all I got a recommendation to download this app to assist me in reminding me to take my meds and I came across the community side of it. I will be 27 in June and 1 year officially diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and Borderline Personality disorder after years of suffering and confused on why I was the way I was and multiple suicide attempts . My best friend encouraged and helped me to seek help and here I am a year later after 20 plus years feeling better then I have in my entire life. I still get a couple of bad days but they are managable. Here is me and my cute birb fo

9 Likes

Hi IrishDragon & welcome to CareZone! I love this app for reminding me when to take my medicine every day, I’d be lost without it! I also really like that if I scan my medicine in when I get it filled that it will remind me when I’m due for refills. I used to have a problem with remembering when to refill & which medicine to refill (I use a pill box). I’m new to the community side of the app too so I’m learning how to do it. Also welcome to the Bipolar & Borderline community! I’ve known & been being treated for bipolar since I was about your age (I’m 43) & just got diagnosed with borderline personality disorder last year so I’m still learning about it & working on living with it. Anyway I just wanted to say welcome to the community. I hope you have a great day!

Kimberly

4 Likes

Hello! And welcome. I am a 55 year old female. I have PTSD, Depression, DID NOS and ADD (in order of diagnosis). I have had many years of hard work and therapy. I have finally come to a point of being a Thriver versus just a survivor. I wish you well on your therapeutic journey. Keep in touch. Sounds like you are working hard to reach your goals.

5 Likes

Im glad you are doing better and have a better life. The pic is really cute! I live a very up and down life. I never know what news I am going to get from my doctors. I never know what my health is going to be like from one week to the next. Im very thankful that I have a supportive family and God is with me.

5 Likes

I have a granddaughter that was first diagnosed with Bi Polar at 12. Her’s progressed over the years and is now at almost 34 her diagnosis is Skitzo Borderline-Personality Disorder. I’m told, one of the hardest to diagnose and harder to treat. That child has clawed her way through life and so many doctors, treatment centers and therapists that I’ve actually lost count. None of them helped much. If they had diagnosed her correctly and put her on the medication for what the problem really was/is she would be in a much different place. Keep close watch on how you feel and how well your meds are working. Bipolar can get better if you stay on your meds and keep your doctor in the loop and closely watch for signs of any change (other than good) in any part of you. After as many years as you have suffered with this I’m sure you will keep on track. Most people never pass the Bipolar stage when they take their meds, but once in a great while a person will progress to other things. Don’t let this worry you but keep an eye out out for changes. I congratulate you on your getting better and getting some enjoyment out of life. Take care of yourself and Blessings to you everyday. 🤗

4 Likes

I forgot to tell you, you are a beautiful young lady and the little guy/gal on your shoulder is so sweet and precious, not to mention pretty. 🐣🌹

4 Likes

Happy for you
Take Care 😊🥀💞

Thank you. ❤️