Just dropping in!

I purchased my home in 1981. It was a “ROAD”. When I was much younger my children complained that I scored too loudly. I had a sleep study done. BEST THING EVER!
I was prescribed a CPAP! With in seconds of putting the mask on, I was asleep. It was wonderful! I woke up refreshed & had more energy.
Years later: my “ROAD” has become a 2 lane major thorough fair! 18 wheelers & all. The last traffic study estimated approximately 30,000-40,000 cars & trucks pass my home day & night. Since, nobody follows the noise pollution act. Even my windows shake from the high vibrations of the car stereo’s. Expensive cars, once reveled for there silence, now have something on there motor to make there cars & trucks feel like a ‘run way’. At night, because it is the only near by road that travels from the river to the next states line, teenagers & adults race after dark. During the daytime, it can take 30-40minutes to get out of the driveway.
My windows have been replaced w premium windows for sound & efficiency. (Doesn’t Work!) No way could you sit on the front porch!!! From the big trucks passing, I am now noticing cracks in the wall. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP. I am lucky to sleep for 3 straight hrs.
Complaining doesn’t help!
My CPAP once received replacement filters, etc @ 3 months. Now after the company has been absorbed 3 different times by a larger company, I am lucky if I get ‘nose pillows’ every 6 months. Because of the new Medicare regulations, the face mask strap (which needs to be washed daily because of oils on/in your skin) is only being replaced 2X’s a year (maybe). Since it is stretchable loses its ability to hold in place. I wake now with the nose pads anywhere on my face/ear. Even Off! It is just too loose, there is no way to tighten it!
All of this lead to heart problems. My Doctor said I wasn’t getting adequate sleep & that’s with the addition of a noise canceling machine I purchased to drown out the traffic noise. Plus, 30mins of meditation prior to going to sleep.
Sleep is necessary & precious. I wish you all a Good Night’s sleep. We all deserve it.

1 Like

Wishing you a good night’s sleep. I usually awaken after 3-4 hours of sleep. The cause of my lack of sleep is chronic pain, even though I take pain and sleep medication. It truly stinks not getting enough rest. However, I do my best to make the best of each day. Hopefully, you will get parts that you need.

1 Like