Jehovah Witness

Would you please explain to me, why a God who created us, loves us, and forgives us of our failures…would ever sentence us to a burning exisence of “hell”??

Angel53 You mention that you think Jehovah’s Witnesses are a cult. Do you know what a cult is? I am much older than you are, and when I was going to school, we could never use the word think we had to have the facts, that why it has taken me time to get back to you because I have researched what you and others called a cult and this is what I found

The World Book Encyclopedia explains that “traditionally, the term cult referred to any form of worship or ritual observance.” By that criterion, all religious organizations could be classified as cults. However, in general usage today, the word “cult” has a different meaning. The same encyclopedia notes that “since the mid- 1900’s, publicity about cults has altered the meaning of the term. Today, the term is applied to groups that follow a living leader who promotes new and unorthodox doctrines and practices.”

Endorsing the popular usage of the term, Newsweek magazine explains that cults “are normally small, fringe groups whose members derive their identity and purpose from a single, charismatic individual.” Similarity, Asiaweek magazine notes that “the term [cult] itself is vague, but it usually denotes a new religious creed built around a charismatic leader, who often proclaims himself to be the personification of God.”

The language used in a joint resolution of the 100th Congress of the State of Maryland, U.S.A., also conveys the derogatory connotation of the term cult. The resolution states that “a cult is a group or movement exhibiting excessive devotion to a person or idea and employing unethically manipulative techniques of persuasion and control to advance the goals of its leaders.”

Clearly, cults are generally understood to be religious groups with radical views and practices that clash with what is accepted today as normal social behavior. Usually they conduct their religious activities in secrecy. Many of these cultic groups actually isolate themselves in communities. Their devotion to a self-proclaimed human leader is likely to be unconditional and exclusive. Often these leaders boast of having been divinely chosen or even of being themselves divine in nature.

Occasionally, anticult organizations and the media have referred to Jehovah’s Witnesses as a cult
. A number of recent newspapers articles lump the Witnesses with religious groups known for their questionable practices. But would it be accurate to refer to Jehovah’s Witnesses as a small fringe religious group? Cult members often isolate themselves from friends, family, and even society in general. Is that the case with Jehovah’s Witnesses? Are the Witnesses using deceptive and unethical techniques to recruit members?

Cult leaders are known to use manipulative methods to control the minds of their followers. Is there any evidence that Jehovah’s Witnesses do this? Is their worship cloaked in secrecy? Are they following and venerating a human leader? Pointedly, are Jehovah’s Witnesses a cult?

God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are three in one!

They brainwash you!

You said yourself, you have never been to a Christian service. So how do you know. I had many talks with a jw I worked with. I saw with my own 2 eyes heads shaking no during a Christ’s funeral by a family raised in a Christ’s church. The husband was raised hw and told his wife he would leave her if she didn’t leave her church and turn jw. It was blackmail and brainwashing. I’ve seen it happen.

You have never been to a service ma’am, only on what you heard. I hear a lot of things but 85% aren’t true.

Philsnow do you actually know what was talking about when he said you must be “born again” and who actually was he speaking too? When you give me the answer please use the scriptures to back up your answer from whatever Bible you choose to use, they all teach the truth about Jehovah and his son, Christ Jesus

JMKidder59. Thanks for your comment. Please give me some scriptures to back up your statement, I would really appreciate seeing them and use whatever Bible you are comfortable with since I do use them all. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Lolasweetpea

There’s alot of things about the jehovah’s witnesses on u tube,some people are leaving, you should watch what they are saying too.

Good morning angel 53. I just read your post about u tube about people leaving Jehovah and this is nothing new, this goes all the way back to the garden of eden when Adam and Eve chose to disobey Jehovah and follow the serpent, who was really Satan the devil and was removed from the paradise that they were placed in by their loving Father, Jehovah and what benefit did they receive, sin and death and we are suffering for their decision. All of us has the right to choose what we want to do because Jehovah gave us free will.

Now let us go back to His son, Jesus, when he was on the earth, the same thing happened to him in the book of John. This shows that many people don’t know the Jesus of the Bible or actually read about him. Well this incident happened in the John 6th chapter. After he fed a crowd of 5,000 people, he boarded a boat cross the sea for Capernaum. Starting with verse 22, the next day the crowd was looking for him, they boarded the small boat and cross the sea to find him. Jesus told them they were looking for him, not because of the signs, but because you ate from the loaves and were satisfied. Work, not for the food that perishes, but for the food that remains for everlasting life, which the Son of man will give you; for on this one the Father, God himself, has put his seal of approval. Verses 28 - 47 answers their questions and tell them what they must do. Verse 48: “I am the bread of life.” He mentioned if anyone eats of this bread he will live forever. This shocked the people, now what I would like for you to do is read this chapter of John 6: 28 - 71, and see which people who left and who stayed and why they stayed… After you do that, ask yourself should I worry about who leaves from serving Jehovah. If they left Jesus, who am I?

Please have a very great day. Lolasweetpea

Yes we will too. Do you believe in heaven?

As Christians, we believe that Jesus Christ is God.
With that being said, we also believe that we are sinners saved buy the Grace of God the Father through his son.

God never changes. His characteristics are exemplified in His Son Jesus Christ.

There are multiple promises made by God to us as believers in what Jesus did for us.

We will live in a perfect world someday in heaven not here.

That’s your problem, you believe in religion which is man made, don’t kill the messenger, the message is in the bible, read it, live it believe it.

angel53. I was notice a question in your last post a question you asked that I didn’t answer. Yes I do believe in heaven. In the Bible at Genesis 1: 1, it says: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”
Psalm 102: 25: “Long ago you laid the foundations of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of your hands.”
Yes the Bible speaks of the heavens and I do believe what the Bible says completely
Take care and remain safe during these days. Lolasweetpea

John 3:16 said that Jehovah sent his son to die for mankind so they can have everlasting life.That is in all Bible

Keep studying the scripture and asking questions, praying to Jehovah to understand what you are learning no matter what other people think you are doing this for you and your family. Hope to see in in the New World my Sister

The word GHenna is mentioned.GHenna is hell

You can believe that it going to be a resurrection because Jesus raised his friend Lazarus up from his grave after he had been die for 4days and he also said it at John 5:28,29.

Hi Justjudith 54
I know I haven’t text you for awhile but how are things going and are you staying safe and keeping well
As we see how the world conditions are getting worse, we can see the fulfillment of Bible prophecies coming true, Therefore the only living waters that we will receive is from the Bible, Jehovah’s word. In Jeremiah 29:11 where Jehovah promise us a future and a hope with peace and not calamity
I don’t know if you realize that our 2020 “Always Rejoice!” Convention is on the jw.org app in the broadcast session I hope you get a chance to enjoy it
Even though we have been on Lock down I have been quite busy. I have been in PT because of my right side and now I can move it and use my manual wheelchair. I can also walk using my walker things are improving which I am glad.
Well I will close stay well as alway love lolasweetpea