It's official

After doing test after test after test, and then did some more tests.
The pulmonologist diagnosed me with severe COPD.
I’m now on oxygen 24/7. I tried the other day to go without, that last about 15 minutes max. My O2 level dropped to around 86, and I couldn’t take it anymore, so I put the oxygen back on.
I took a bit for my level to come up. The doctor told me not to do that no more, that is when I learned a bit more, it seems that my lungs are only working at about 50% of normal.

Thanks

Randy

6 Likes

Having a diagnosis and a treatment plan is a good thing, right?

3 Likes

Wow that’s scary.

1 Like

That is tough. Keep the oxygen on and do what the dr says. Take each day as you can.

2 Likes

So sorry, but having a diagnosis and treatment plan can help a lot with that. I have Asthma and it took them awhile to diagnose it and get the right mix if medications but now I am doing pretty well - no O2, only a few times when I need my rescue inhaler or nebulizer treatments so Diagnosis and treatment plans are real important for those pulmonary diseases.

1 Like

I have moderate/severe COPD, I was diagnosed in 2016. I am a VA Hospital patient. Other than medications I have telehealth. Three times a day, more if I need, I have a pulse ox meter that is connected to my nurseS at the VA 24/7. They will advise me to go to the ER and they will transmit my data to them.
I expect that I will be on portable O2 soon enough.

2 Likes

Yes! It helps you understand what’s happening and how you can move forward with your new situation.

2 Likes

Do you know each time you go without oxygen you’re working your heart harder than it needs to be worked. I have COPD and I can tell you I’m never without my accident even in the shower.