Is sugar bad for diabetics?

I ask this question because my dad is always teasing me about how I can’t eat suger at all because I’m a diabetic but I just want to know is that true

5 Likes

#Yesitis

3 Likes

Yes #SR I’m type II and it’s hard to let go but I us sweet and low sometime I cheat

4 Likes

Thank you for your kind advice and it is hard but I have never been the type to like sweet stuff that much so it’s not super hard for me 😂😊

3 Likes

Watch your portion and carbs

4 Likes

I will thank you 🙏

3 Likes

You’re welcome at least get a 30 minute work out

3 Likes

O’yeah eat a lot of green veggies so you can detox yourself

3 Likes

Instead of the sugar try Splenda or Stevia granulated

2 Likes

Yes. If you’re a diabetic, your body does not utilize insulin and/or produce it like it should. Therefore your body has difficulty utilizing sugar it needs for energy. You must watch your carbohydrate intake (this includes sugary foods) as carbs can raise your blood sugar levels. Check your fasting blood sugar at least once a day and get an idea of how your blood glucose is averaging. It can give you an idea of how well your diabetes is controlled with or without medication. There are several companies that offer free glucometers online. Just Google “free glucometers”. Keep in mind, test strips are expensive so whatever glucometer you choose, you will have to use that manufacturers test strips which can cost you a lot of money in the long run. Good luck.

3 Likes

Sugar is bad in general for everyone, not just diabetics.

4 Likes

Me too, ppl always make comments and i ve had ppl just assume that they need to make that decision for me. If they love me like family. i dont mind so much, but if not, i totsllly ignore them. It still feels bad tho

1 Like

Walmart has a cheap glucose meter and strips. My husband uses it. It’s called Relion.

2 Likes

I eat suger wit cereals. But carrots are damaging for me.I dont know for anyone else. I am not in habit to eating carrots. But I have eaten them in 3 different times in past month. It messed up or shot my diabetes out of wack. I doing fine.

I have it once in a while but not often I’ll make sure I have stuff with me in case my sugar is very low

2 Likes

Romeo, Sugar is poison period unfortunately it’s in almost everything we eat. The things is it is how you go about it. I use regular sugar as a diabetic in my coffee, tea, and other liquids but, I use it to take the bitterness out of my drinks.ALL SUBSTITUTE SUGARS ARE CHEMICALS, MEN MADE MORE POISONOUS THAN REGULAR SUGAR.

Splenda taste very good. It even taste better than sugar.

1 Like

Splenda taste very good.! It’s taste better than sweet n low, equal, and steevia!

1 Like

Diabetes and family are always getting rid of all sugar but keep sugar packets in the house or in your diabetic bag in case your sugar drops. You can add it diet drinks. It is also good to have the drinks called “glucose shots” or the glucose tablets. Use and check sugar within 15 mins. Check every 15 mins until it up to normal range. Also, It’s great to have regular juice in the house like apple, cranberry or orange. In the worst case scenario get a prescription for glucon it’s an injection med. It is for when you unconscious or passed out. Someone will have to give you the shot. I have passed many times where ambulance has had to come. They give you a glucon injection. Time is of the essence when your passed out. So it’s good to have it on hand. When you are on insulin,DO NOT get rid of all the sugar out of you home.

1 Like

True Metrix is another one that most insurances cover. Especially medicaid. They have a bluetooth model too. It links with your smart phone that makes charts, graphs and print out etc show your doctor. True to always get a bluetooth meter.

2 Likes