Introduction ! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Hello! My name is Shy and i just wanted to introduce myself! Im a 26 year old first time mommy and the current caregiver for both my grandparents!

5 Likes

Hello and welcome

1 Like

Hello!

1 Like

Welcome to our happy group and feel free to share anything you wish to with us it makes it easier because you donโ€™t know any of us hahaha again welcome

1 Like

Thank you

Thank you

Hello, welcome to the group

2 Likes

Hi welcome

Wow sweety, youโ€™ve tripled your workload all at once, unless of course youโ€™ve been taking care of your grandparents for awhile. I applaud you. I took care of my grandmama for years. Itโ€™s never just easy.
If I can give you one bit of adviceโ€ฆ No matter how much you argue or they annoy you (on a bad day of course). Make sure you tell them you love them when you leave for the day. Iโ€™ll always regret not saying it one day.
I wish you all the luck with your little bundle of joy & caring for your grandparents. Know that youโ€™re amazing & awesome!

2 Likes

Definitely tripled it lol i just started taking care of them in august. My son was only 4 months old when they moved in.

1 Like

Youโ€™re a rock star for your family. Itโ€™ll be very hard, but get away occasionally for some me time. A warm bath, or a coffee for 5 minutes by yourself on the porch. I wish you all the peace and sanity you can muster

1 Like

Thank you so much! I definitely try. Its a lot harder then i worked up in my mind. Especially since my grandma has dementia

1 Like

Dementia is the hardest!

You will look back on this be proud I took care of my Mom And Dad and never regretted it my pleasure showing my love for them and spending the time with themโค๏ธ

1 Like

Few tips with dimentia. My husband has.

1. When things happen wrong:
    both of u laugh about it.
  2. u be responsible daily for their meds. They donโ€™t remember if they took them.
    If u gave to them u know.
    3)let them if itโ€™s possible, let the person help make some of the decisions โ€œwith uโ€, so it still helps them feel

Continued from M. Jordan reply:
Important. They donโ€™t like whatโ€™s happening to them.