Introduce myself

Hi I’m Ian and I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2017,but suffered from it for several years before then.
I was being treated for what I thought was just back problems until I was dropped by my pain management doctor because he said that there was nothing else he could do. My primary care physician then sent me to a rheumatologist who after only about 15 minutes of examination diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. He asked how long I had been on opioid pain meds and then told me that I would be on them for the rest of my life. I have degenerative fibromyalgia, which means that it will continue to get worse over time. I’m still at pretty low doses of Oxycontin and MS Contin. I take oxy 3x/day and MS Contin at bedtime daily. I’m also taking antidepressants along with drugs for heart and cholesterol and hypertension. I am very fortunate that I have a support system from my wife and son. If it weren’t for them I might not still be here. I also have a strong faith in God that everything that happens is according to His plan, for His glory. I hope that posting here will be a help to others dealing with this illness. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

5 Likes

I hear your thoughts on the life you have endured but God is good and in the blessing business. Your here because God lead you here, and the holy Spirit, chose you for this assignment is, I want you to know, what you have overcome.
It’s God that is taking you on this Journey, I don’t know myself how it’s going to turn out, but if he’s got you then you’ve got the best doctor in the world.
There’s know one better than King Jesus Christ, and God, I will intervene in your behalf and I know everyone that is a Godly Man or Woman will be in prayer for you and your family.
You are my challenge, and gift, your my friend in Jesus name amen, My is Drichardson55.
I have my own testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ 🙏😇 Hallelujah 🙌🙏 praising God for his goodness and mercy and Grace on the both of us.
Amen you are an overcomer, to still be alive after all you have gone through is a inspiration, to me.
We will talk again soon 🙏😇💖👍

1 Like

I’m sorry to what you are going through, It’s not easy it’s going to take a lot of praying to get you through this .I have been dealing with Fibromyalgia since 2015 .I had have my upper spine worked on I in 2016 then in 2017 I had to have my lower back done and it’s not a day goes by that I’m not in pain but God 🙏🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾 he gets me through each day…I’m praying for you Ian.🙏🏾🙌🏾💞

2 Likes

Ask your dr about the Medtronics pain stimulator. I have one and have had surgery and fibromyalgia and the stimulator makes it liveable. I now have a hip? leg? back? problem and will get an MRI tomorrow to see where the actual pian is coming from. It has been
9 weeks and no relief. It is not where the stimulator is so that doesn’t help. Had difficulty walking when started and cannot walk without a cane. It is very depressing and hard to deal with.

1 Like

I have looked into the electronic stimulator to suppress pain, the only problem is that the pain isn’t just in my back anymore and the stimulator (which is just an implanted tens device) wouldn’t relieve more of the pain than the opioids do. And mine will continue to worsen for the rest of my life. I appreciate the thought. My prayers are with you as well.

Thank you for your Testimony, I am just a servant of God, I’m not God, or Jesus Christ, I am me just a humble woman that is doing God’s work, I know my self they say, I am a miracle.
No one could survive what I have and live, well maybe that’s the reason, no one would believe it, but you do, I don’t like it when people give me compliments, but I receive it, I don’t listen clearly, but I heard the words that you said and I started to get tears running down my face 😭😇.
I didn’t realize that I wasn’t receiving the Lord Jesus Christ, and God’s blessings. Thank you so much ❤️❤️🙏 Hallelujah for the wonderful blessing that came out of your mouth.

Trust in the Lord and Jesus Christ 🙏😇 💖🙌 he’s already in your life everyday through all your pain, just know that God is in control of everything in the world.
Good bad and indifferent, nothing gets by God, he is the Creator of world his eyes are hovering around the globe, so there’s no way he doesn’t see what your thoughts. The challenges are his and the pain he’s got you 💯😭, your heart and soul is lynx to him, he is God Almighty the Lord Jesus Christ is the son of God.
So we don’t have to fear the enemy Devil doesn’t have no power over anything or anybody, except what is given to him, he defeated the devil in the wilderness and on the Cross, he defided the devil when he rose from the dead, and became King…
Just trust him with your actions and words of wisdom and guidance and support and encouragement everything belongs to Him.