Information I wanna know

Is there such thing as pre diabetes?
Does it make you very hungry and gain weight?

1 Like

I have been diagnosed with it. I know I’ve gained weight but age and sedentary life style is probably as much to blame.

3 Likes

While doctors will say you are pre diabetic, there really isn’t enough proof of it. What the doctors are saying is "start taking care of yourself no so you don’t become a diabetic. Asking them what to do may not not be the answer because they just don’t know.

As far a hunger, I have never heard of this, but it could. Start looking at any medications and foods, they may be making you hungry.

Are you overweight? Sometimes a history of bingeing can cause to to be hungry as you alter you diet. You also may be dehydrated so drink water before you eat. This may help you eat less.

Finally read any and every book on diabetes and talk to a nutritionist and a diabetes educator. These will give a better idea on how to stay safe.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

4 Likes

My doctor told me that they no longer believe say that there is anyone who is prediabetic. Anything over 130 is considered diabetic and over 150 there is cell damage. When the blood suger gets to high it can cause you to feel hungry that is when you need to eat lean protein.

Watch your carbs. And don’t believe a lot of the stuff about good carbs to eat as each pain is different. For instance I can’t eat brown rice because it raises my blood suger. Same with cabbage. Your diet is going to be a learning process. Keep a food diary and you will be able to figure out which foods your your body handles better. And watch that you don’t eat too little carbs as that can cause issues as well.

Praying for you hang in there

4 Likes

Brina,
Type 1, borderline and type 2.
Type 1 is usually a child or preteen.
Borderline can be young or old.
Type 2 is usually your adult.
They all can make you be hungry. Thirsty and feel like you have to pee alot. The only way to be sure is get your blood sugar tested.

2 Likes

Somewhat untrue.

Type 1 is an autoimmune disease, where the immune system attacks insulin. The theory is the immune system needs to jump start itself, which doesn’t happen because of the vaccines we take. While the body make plenty of insulin, white attack and destroy them. While children are normally the most affected, anyone can get it at any time.

Type 2 is insulin resistance where your body makes plenty of insulin, but the cells ignore it and do not allow glucose into the cells. This causes glucose to rise. Too much glucose and the body either store it as fat or causing the to try produce more insulin, destroying the kidney. Once again anyone can get type 2 diabetes.

There is a 3rd type called gestational diabetes, when a woman has a child, the body produces more insulin and glucose for the baby. Once th baby is born, the mother’s insulin returns, but the glucose remains for recovery.

The 4th type of diabetes refers to when you other problems. When a person’s kidney fails, you have any surgery or perhaps you some sort of inflamation.

I am sure there are other types, this should suffice.

The only way to be sure, is to get this tested with a special test which can determine what you have. Your type is not based on your age, this is a myth.

I would not worry about 1 test, get tested every 3 to 5 months for at least 2 or 3 more times to confirm the results. A friend was told he was diabetic, followed my advice to find he wasn’t, he was going through stress and a divorce at the time.

Continue to eat right, exercise, drink lots of water. Your eating may because you are working. Don’t stress can cause a rise in glucoss, just get plenty of exercise by walking, swimming, lifting waits, etc.

You will get through this. Let me know if I can further help.

2 Likes

I would talk to your gynecologist about testing you for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). One of the symptoms is CONSTANTLY being hungry and never feeling full, as well as weight gain. It is also caused by an insulin resistance (in most cases) and can cause you to have elevated numbers, but not quite diabetic numbers. It can, however, lead to diabetes if not taken care of correctly.

Still watch your diet, limit carbs, sugars, and all that fun stuff, and you should be ok. I didn’t do all that when I was at pre-diabetic levels, now, I’ve been diabetic for 3 years and I’m still learning how to control my numbers, what I can and can’t eat, and all the scary things that go along with being diabetic.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope you can control things before you are diabetic.

1 Like

You have been diagnosed in layman’s term border line of diabetes. So you have an opportunity to adjust your diet intake. Get a dietitian to inform you the kind of food for you. Or do research on the internet for the do’s and don’t s to eat for Diabetic . Your question does it makes you hungry “NO”. But if you don’t change your ways food wise and no exercise. You will become a Diabetic and that is part of the symptoms is always hungry. How do I know? I am also Diabetic. Have a great day

1 Like

Pre diabetics does NOT make you hungry BUT you lose any extra weight it may prevent you from having full blown diabetes. PLEASE if you are overweight loose it NOW!! I’m a diabetic, never have been overweight but it’s a heritable disease. My whole family on both sides are/ were diabetic. I now on insulin & have had a toe amputated. You may laugh& say it’s just a toe, but diabetics whole body & every organ is affected.

Is this something woman get, or do men get it?

PCOS is something that women get. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome affects ovaries. Men don’t have those.

1 Like

Its called boarder line diabete. First thing in the morning and you put a table spoon of sugar in your coffee you are boarder line.

Yes, this applies when your pancreas is not functioning at a certain level. This is a positive affording one an opportunity to make changes in one’s diet, and lifestyle with a goal of a healthy weight.

Actually this is not true. Any one can have type 1 or type 2. The doctors try to simplify thing, yet they are wrong. You need to have a blood test to be sure and have better results.

It is estimated that more adults hau type 1 then children.

Get a second opinion to be sure. First tests are usually false positives.

Have you had any surgeries our high syress6?