Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis & some COPD

Diagnosed about 3-4 years ago. No explanation for IPF other than cleaning and crafting fumes over the years, pneumonia a couple of times and some smoking when in college and awhile afterward. Oxygen when active and at night for organs health. I am having more trouble with simple walks outside and within the house, but supplemental O2 refreshes fairly quickly. I find it frustrating that I can’t do like I used to, but grateful there are ways to make life easier.
I am 83. Keep as active as possible. “Mantra”= “just keep moving!”

11 Likes

Hi Dodie,
My Name is Rosetta
I too have been diagnosed with COPD, like you I try to keep busy . So we must keep moving as much as we can , and try not isolate ourselves. This advice applies to me too because that is what I started doing. Plus I am trying to cope with Dementia. We can only encourage each other in doing the best that that we can. Have a Blessed Day.

5 Likes

Great job. I seeall these reports you have 5 years after being diagnosed but only one person makes that choice.

1 Like

Hi from Gilbert AZ, just outside Phoenix. I am 80, widow, good health except I have Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Oxygen 24/7. Should you be using oxygen regularly? Nice to meet you! Jan

1 Like

Do you use your O2 when you go outside? If you have a rescue inhaler you might try using it about 20 minutes before you go outside. I do that prior to activities that cause my breathing to flare. It opens the airways makes breathing easier. Just keep moving. I love it.

1 Like

Hi Jan,

Me too. Diagnosed about a year ago.

Wondering if you know about the IPF Support Group that meets the 1st Monday of the month at the main library in Mesa?

If not and you’d like to know more call Trevia Allen at 660-483-0340.

I’ve only been once but it was interesting talking to other people with IPF. There were about 30 there the night I went.

Jennifer Browning
Mesa

2 Likes

Hi, I’m going to check this out. I go to a support group third Tuesday noon at Banner Desert.

Enjoy today.

I hope you wear your O2 when your out walking. My mother in law was stubborn and would not wear hers outside. It would make a difference in your stamina. Bless you and Just keep moving.

2 Likes

Thanks, maybe I’ll see you there in July.

Yes, oxy 24/7, doesn’t stop me.

Hi Jen, I’m planning to attend September’s meeting and hope to meet you.

1 Like

😷😷😷😷😷