I have osteoarthritis

I am 41 years old and dignosed with osteoarthritis anyone else have this and on a handful of meds to battell it? I am think about asking my doctor to take me off some of these meds and put me on just 1 to 2 good meds.

8 Likes

Yes. I was diagnosed with it when I was 28. Been on a bunch of meds for it, and other things too as I got older. I am 66, almost 67, now.

5 Likes

Yes dear I have it all throughout my body. I hate the cold I can barely move.
Send me a chat so we can help each other thru the Flare ups.

4 Likes

I was 30 when i got it. Two years ago i was in a xar accident & injure my back & hip. At night when im trying to sleep i wake up with my entire left leg pain. I only take over the counter medication.

1 Like

I have arthritis in my knee and back
And in my shoulder and ankle I am 49 almost 50 in about 7 days

2 Likes

I can’t take NSAIDS anymore because of ulcers. I still take a pain pill, and I use ice and heat alot.

4 Likes

Yes I have it too as well as complex regional pain syndrome type 1 and most of the time my meds don’t help

2 Likes

Yes I have it too. Not on a whole bunch of meds tho. I didn’t know there was a bunch available, or I would have asked for more, lol! I can’t take NSaids anymore because of Kidneys failing, so I am pretty much just on Tramadol to deal with the pain.

I have had both hips replaced, and need new knees as well, but after the hip surgeries, I decided to take a break from being a post-op patient, and live a little life before going through another grueling recovery period.

I just started taking CareZone’s glucosamine, chondroitin, and turmeric, and I have to say I do seem to be seeing some improvement in the worst knee. The swelling has gone down, and I can move it with less pain. So I plan to continue it.

8 Likes

I’m new to this group. I was in a wreck in 09, and I’ve been suffering back,neck, and leg pain etc. I just received the latest last week. I have arthritis through my back which helps me know why it’s been getting worse. Just do what your doctor suggests. I was going to join a gym he asked me if there was a pool well no. He said this would be the best medicine for all whom suffering because there’s no pressure on our body.

Best of luck to all.

2 Likes

So sorry you are going through this, I’m 53 in the same boat. It sucks

3 Likes

I have had osteoarthritis in my hands since I was about 16 years old and am almost 71 . It is now in my knees, hips and feet. The cold just makes it worse and it is cold here now. I have to be careful with what I take, no NSAIDS, for several reasons, and I take Tramadol and Tylenol Arthritis strength which helps some but not completely. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am 75 years old and have osteoarthritis

1 Like

I’m 68 and feel the pain. Worse with the cold, damp weather.

2 Likes

New old lady here. I am 65 yrs old with osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It has effected most of my joints. Have had cervical and thoracic surgery so there is the back problems ( have spinal stenosis with buldging disc in lumbar area ) but i am not ready for surgery (it hurts). I am under a pain management MD and it helps some. I found the biggest help is getting off my butt and moving around doing this and that. Once.i sit its so hard to get up again without lots of pain, this nasty damp cold weather is not helping at all. Everyone have a good day and a better tomorrow. Watch where you walking (which is hard cause if your looking down so you dont trip then you run into the door)
From oldauntpatpay

6 Likes

Yes, I have it too it’s very painful and my doctors will not give my anything for the pain. So, I live with alot of pain.

1 Like

I’m a newbie to the group. I have osteoarthritis in my neck(plate and screws from the removal of my disc), shoulders, back and knees. I’ve also been diagnosed with osteoporosis. I don’t deal with as much pain as before since I workout 1-3 times a week. I do cardio, lift weights, and weight bearing exercises. The best of all, going to a chiropractor once a week & a massage once a month. It works!

2 Likes

Yes I have osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. And I also take alot of meds. Sometimes I feel like I’m getting depressed. I’m a 52 year old and this not what I wanted for my life. So sorry your going through the same. Pleased to meet you.

1 Like

I hear you I would love to ask my Doctor to do the same for Me as well but I have too many elements have high blood pressure I’m a diabetic and let this arthritis feel like that’s all they do is go to the doctor go to the doctor go to the doctor and I’m allergic to shellfish

I am 53 and I have it every joint in my body. I’ve had left knee and left hip replaced with so much relief, getting ready to have right hip replaced in December. I also can not take any anti inflammatory medications. I go to gym 3-5 times a week to keep parts moving and it does help. I have found a lot of relief from essential oils, like Copibia and Panaway are two of my favorites.

2 Likes

I do and yes it does!