I feel alone in my disease

Hello everyone; I am 48 years old (if you would have asked a year ago, I would have said 29 again) okay so my mother passed away Nov. 04, 2017 of CHF, CAD, Asthma and COPD that was besides the blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes she was only 69 years young. She couldn’t walk very far but we bought a wheelchair and she was out. On August 03, 2018 I had my first of two heart attacks. Since then I have had 6 catherizations 2 stents placements and I still don’t feel better. I have no quality of life and I need my daughter to help me with everything. I have some days that are better than others but I would love to have a live again. By the way left lower part of my heart is 70% not working. I feel so alone because no one understands how I feel. I have always been very active and self reliant. I have not had any one take care of me since age 16.

1 Like

Plz knw tht you r not alone in fighting to stay sane. Working through difficult situations is vry hard and exhausting. I’m battling depression, anxiety. Like you I lost my mother to Alz 3yrs ago she was 74. I’m 55 an live alone. My dad health is failing n sad to say he too will join my mother. Then I will have no family so I’m really worried abt my future. Knw tht your not alone

1 Like

I myself went through some… pretty serious heart issues … Viral Cardio Myopathy… Heart was functioning at 20 percent with an injection fracture of less than 15 got a stent and difib put in my That was 4 years ago I guess whAt I’m saying is I can understand your feeling believe but what kept me postive is that I didn’t die… Keep the faith 🙏

4 Likes

I too have heart issues, diabetes, COPD, hearing and sight problems.
I do how ever live with my 38 year old son
So I am not totaly alone.
My son works long hours and most of the time works 2 jobs. That leaves me alone at home many hours by myself. I am asleep when he comes in. I only get a few minutes and if I am lucky may get an hour. I only get 1 day a week if i have an appointment. If not he is out and about doing his business.
Basicly I am alone, there is very little time to talk to him about anything.
So you are in the same boat as most other people.
Now you have us to post your dreams, worries, and desires in life. So sweetie you are not alone.

2 Likes

I will pray 🙏for you. I feel your heart issues are worse than mine. Keep the faith.

3 Likes

I don’t hav any heart issues as far as I knw. My mother did, I’m fighting high bp along with high cholesterol I’m on a dash diet mixed with mediterranean no red meat, chicken, turkey, fish, eggs bt my weight has always been a big prob for me. All these diet fads r exhausting n none work for me. I look at calories an gain weight… I’m thankful for waking up every morning and able to get around on my own. People need to knw tht they r not alone. Stay strong

3 Likes

Your never alone you always have your friends here on the Care
Zone. Just keep intouch. I as well have Depression and anxiety the past few months have been really bad for me. I have my husband, daughters, and granddaughters in the home with me, and I feel so very lonely.

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear this news of what you are going through.
Funny but medical, mental issues can have one feeling possibly even looking older than they are. Rest if you need and give yourself a break. Take care. We are here. 😊😚

3 Likes

I do understand. There are many people here in the community that have your issues, some have more. Keep in touch with us. We will talk through text. We will listen and respond when able.
Remember we are ill, have our own appointments. However, we will get back to you. Hugs and prayers your way.

1 Like

You know some of us think of food and gain a few pounds and people look at us and say why don’t you get on a diet and loose weight because if it was that easy I would not be this fat you think.

This is so tru, all my life I’ve battle a weight prob, bullies, docs, diets, gyms an food seems to win bcuz of depression, mind exhaustion, anxiety. Tryin to live day by day has been difficult knwing these pressures. I do hope the Universe will b much much kinder to me. Enjoy life People u only hav 1. Be kind to one another. Hav sum Chai hug ur lovd ones… chello

Please know that I understand. Im not to the point where i have to have help with everything but i do understand how you were so active and boom! I was a Dollar General manager, worked about 50-60 hrs a week. I still went out on fri and sat nights. Did everything myself and then one day, i fell at work . Didnt feel like i hurt anything. Didnt report it because i thought i was fine!! Thats another story. Well i started having my leg go out with every step. To make this short. I had to have spine surgery. Went from my life to having damage to my nerves and right side. Cant do anything now. Full disability. It feels like i made something of myself snd was enjoying my life and then Boom it was all taken away and turned me into someone who was 40 but was honestly like an old person. It does hurt. We cant help it, no matter how bad it feels,we have to live the best we can. If u ever need to talk, im always here.

I understand and youre not alone. My dad is gone. He died at the age of 62. My mom has alzheimers. We’re watching her slip away, forgetting everything, the mood swings and anger. We’re losing the mom we knew. It really is bad. I dont handle it well. That hurts me bad because i want to be able to handle and help her. I go home and cry every time im there. I have a sister that stays with her most days every week. Shes great. I struggle so much because i need to be there more but i feel like im no help and i get so mentally stressed. My dr has changed my anxiety and my depression meds but its not helping.

I want to be able to handle myself better with her. Take some of the pressure off of others. I bawl because i know how it’s affecting my sister. My depression and stress are getting so bad. I need to get over this! I need to be well to take better help of her. Just remember this is a hard thing to go through but im blessed to have sisters. I cant imagine if it was me all alone. I dont know how you did it. Just keep hanging in there. Youre doing a great job taking care of your family. Just try to take care of you the best u can.