Huge question

I have type 2 diabetes, I’ve been struggling with it for a few years now. I say struggle, but I did get rid of it with a steady workout routine 4 years ago, but after moving and no longer access to a pool, I became diabetic again within a year after gaining half of the weight I lost back.
I have spine damage so I have to have the lower impact workouts a pool provides.
Now in the last year I’ve been experiencing something, um weird. I only give myself a cheat once every 3-6 months. I have one or two scoops of ice cream.
This is where the question comes in. The morning after I’ve done this, my glucose is significantly lower. Is it possible the ice cream is pushing my pancreas to work harder?
Thank you in advance,

4 Likes

Sounds strange…
I also have type 2 diabetes…it went down to 70 when I lost a ton of weight in two years. 168 lbs.
Then my doc put me on lithium for depression and for the eight months I took it I went from 135lbs to 200 lbs…
I do eat sugar daily and its in all forms though not a lot and my blood sugars are always 107, 112, 98…so I have no idea what is up with that…I don’t eat all day except for cereal in the morning…then I eat a very light dinner one chicken leg and a can of veggies corn or what e v er and not a full can but probably a cup and I save the rest for later. So I guess it depends in your body and what is going on…if your concerned I would see a doctor. Good luck and may God richly bless you!#

4 Likes

Your medication was covering you . There is nothing wrong with having an occasional sweet as long as it is in moderation, like everything else.

4 Likes

I have a bowl of ice cream every night before I go to bed. I’ve been type 2 diabetic for 10 years. My endocrinologist says that sugar is okay in moderation. I found that my trigger foods are carbs. A piece of bread can jump my blood sugar up to 300 but a piece of cake will not. You need to find your trigger foods. Thankfully ice cream is not a trigger food for you LOL. As much as I know about the human body and medical stuff, diabetes is the most confusing illness I have ever seen. Good luck and may God bless you.

1 Like
Thank you,🤗 this really helps me understand why my body reacts so differently to ice cream. Hoody Hoo that ice cream is a safer treat for me... (Of course all in moderation)
🤔So I know popcorn🍿☹ is a trigger. Bummer, but I'll now be on the lookout for trigger foods.

Thank you again😃🍦😜

1 Like

And you are very welcome. I found out that my favorite cereal is also a trigger food. Raisin Bran! Can you believe that. I don’t even add sugar to it but the box said it had 43 carbs. That almost put me in a depression. LOL I’ve come to find out that diabetes is so confusing and I’ve been one for so many years I still don’t understand. My endocrinologist has his office on our local University and they offer free diabetes classes for a seven week period. I plan on taking that. Here is something I have on my cabinet door that also might help you.

1 Like

Awesome, I really appreciate any and all help. It is an overly complicated thing to balance ones sugar level. Ironically, we take the hard work our pancreas does for granted until it is to pooped to continue.
I love raisin bran too, but the raisins are a problem for me, along with most fruit. So I eat a 4oz bowl worth to cheat with my favorite breakfast treat. Maybe that’ll work for you. 🤗

1 Like

Great idea! I will have to try that 😁🥣🍨

1 Like