How were you diagnosed?

I have swelling of my optic nerve and no one knows yet why. I have read swelling of the optic nerve is commonly the first symptom in a diagnosis of MS.

1 Like

I was diagnosed through a my medical history, blood work, and an MRI.

1 Like

I was diagnosed after a major exacerbation that landed me in the hospital. After a whole bunch of tests to rule out other possibilities and looking at my past medical history I was given the diagnosis of MS. But what sealed the deal was the results of my spinal tap.

3 Likes

What is a “major exacerbation” for you? The optical nerve thing led to a bunch of tests and a breast cancer diagnosis that I’ve been dealing with. The neuro ophthalmologist okd me for mastectomy surgery and put a spinal tap on hold. But I don’t know what other signs might indicate ms. My brain scans were fine. I haven’t had any neck scans but I have artificial disc in my neck that obscures imaging anyway.

I felt like I was having a stroke. Couldn’t feel my legs or move them it started moving up my body. I was given meds but I don’t know what they are. I did get the feeling back in my legs and was able to walk again.
I understood about the Cancer. I have been getting chemo for the past 2 years for lung cancer. I have gone through all the chemo that have been used for my type of cancer. I’m going to try a immunotherapy my last chance. I’m on oxygen 24/7. 3 inhalers at this time. Good luck I’ve added you to my prayer list.

When my wife and I were trying to chase my diagnosis we found at least 6 diseases that fit my symptoms exactly! My recommendation to you is to do what we finally did as we were losing our minds. Let the doctors do the speculating. After they do check it for yourself and THEN go to them with what you think. This will help you keep your sanity. If you are a believer of any faith pray, meditate, TALK WITH YOUR GOD. If you continue to do what you are doing you will drive yourself crazy with possibilities, so many of them end in death or worse, it could cause depression.
I am serious about the prayer. I also believe you should talk to people that you know about how you feel about being sick. Not specifically about what you think it might be but about your illness and how it makes you feel. I will be praying with you and for you. Please keep us posted as to where this winds up.

1 Like

I was diagnosed after injuring myself in a self-defense class. I was in so much pain I went to a chiropractor physical therapy,muscle balancing massage, acupuncture I tried everything. I went from thinking I had a torn rotator cuff arthritis spinal cervical stenosis in my neck, which I do have severely and finally they seen the lesion in my neck and said if you have lesions in your neck you have lesions in your brain and there was my MS and they confirmed it with a spinal tap

1 Like

I have the same problem with my left eye, have ur primary care dr do an MRI and that will help confirm the diagnosis