How to lower triglycerides

Hi there, I was entering my recent cholesterol levels according to my medical records. Well, it’s a great thing to know that my overall cholesterol test results are less than 200 mg, but my triglycerides are outrageously elevated! How is that even possible? How can I best lower those high triglyceride levels? Any advice, anybody? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I hav the same prob. I’ve been walkin for 1hr a day (my knees won’t let me do the 10k steps a day) bt exercise,low carb, high fiber n limit ur intake of sugar shud help reduce n if this doesn’t help u can try statins bt only ur dr can prescribe this, u can try Nialor this is also suppose help lower triglycerides n boost ur good cholesterol. Again always check with your doctor before starting anything new. Myself, Im on statins bcuz of high BP… I’ve been trying the DASH/Mediterranean diets bt still struggling with my weight…I hope this helps… Keep us updated.

Thanks for your suggestions. I’m already on a statin to help me out with my total cholesterol levels, thank you for pointing that out, and it’s been a great help.

I recently asked my primary care doctor if she thinks about me taking vitamin E supplements in the hopes that it will help me lower those high triglycerides of mine. I asked because I took some a long time ago, and it lowered my overall cholesterol levels by 30 points! And naturally, I’ve been trying to keep up with my overall health by getting around a bit more. However, I’m the very first to admit that my diet is far from being exemplary, because I have been told time and again that I need to up my fiber intake.

Thanks for taking the time out of your own busy day to answer my post. Enjoy your weekend.

3 Likes

My nurse practitioner told me to add CoQ10 do I supplement regiment . she said there are studies showing that it helps lower cholesterol and triglycerides.

My nurse practitioner told me to add CoQ10 to my supplement regiment . she said there are studies showing that it helps lower cholesterol and triglycerides. I do this along with a low carb diet and exercise.

2 Likes

Try a garlic supplement with parsley. That’s what I do and it seems to work for me. Told a co-worker and it worked for her. Her numbers started dropping. Need the parsley to help the body absorb the garlic. Can’t hurt to try it.

1 Like

Did she give you directions on how much to take.

100 mg a day

1 Like

That’s what I take. Thanks.

1 Like

Ask your doctor about Repatha I can’t take statins Since I’ve been on the drug 3 years I believe my tri’s have been well under control… Along with excerise eating etc…

I don’t really recall the exact dosage of vitamin E she suggested I ought to take on the regular, but I’m certainly going to ask her again real soon.

Vascepa, ask your Dr about it.