How does one live a healthy lifestyle with hiv?

Reaching out to others who are having similar cooping issues due to living with hiv.

3 Likes

I have been hiv + for over 10 years. I got a tattoo and got hiv it was hard telling people at first but now I am a advocate in my county. Ask me anything and I will answer you good luck and God bless

4 Likes

How did your g /f handle the news?

1 Like

I didn’t have a boyfriend at the time my friend that went with me didn’t have time to get a tattoo thank God!

1 Like

Most people who get an early diagnosis and stick to their doctors orders… Can live long healthy and productive lives.

2 Likes

I have been living with HIV since 1999

1 Like

Hi Cheychey if you don’t mind me asking what city did you get that tattoo?

2 Likes

Evielakeland, I went to a tattoo party in Crawfordsville Indiana the tatoo artist used gloves and a new needle but after the tatoo I watched him just fill up the ink cups with more ink and not get new cups. I didn’t think about it at the time I was a regular blood diner and my next donation I was called a week later and told me to contact my dr cause they said I was hiv+. I was put on meds that same day. It was a reputable tatoo party.

I know exactly where that is. I use to live in terre haute Indiana and just so happens to be the plaace I contracted my gift. Mine however was my from ex boyfriend who is an EMT with transcare in Terre Haute. I am sorry this happened to you! Never know where the damn thing could be waiting for its next host!

Hello I have been HIV Positive for 25 years Yes it was hard to accept shameful to share and stigmatized from society. However, I’ve learned the Truth sets you free is not just a saying, it’s fact.
God gives us what we need and I needed understanding of how to move on from this.
I started being truthful with myself first, I have this, it’s not going away, I do not have to die.
Then I started dating again and stayed true to my truth, you see when you come out and tell(only to those that you will be intimate with) all others are on a need to know basis.
Men surprised the heck out of me, I was ready for rejection and more stigma but low and behold I was accepted and even thanked for being so truthful and upfront.
Now please know this took everything in me to do and now that I know it’s ok to stay true to my situation (no more denying it) I have made and kept friends of the opposite sex and they care for me with genuine concern and respect because they realize I AM BEING TRUE TO ME. I don’t want what happened to me to ever happen to another.
Had I been told upfront I would have still loved and stayed with my then boyfriend, but he did not give me that choice. So now that he is gone to heaven and I’m still alive I MUST BE TRUE TO MY SITUATION FIRST.
God opened the door to acceptance and I no longer feel like a germ or for that matter it does not crush my world when someone makes a choice to not share time with me for it. I respect their decision and they respect my honesty.
Trust me it’s the best way to go. In fact it is an act of responsibility on our part and others will follow suit. As we are HEROS and now advocates to educate the world.
Embrace life, your alive for a reason. Find your purpose and grow in that my friend.
Nothing stops Love. Not even HIV. I pray this helps someone searching to know how to move forward with this blood disorder.
happy living.

3 Likes

Very simply, my prayer and following what God says in the Bible.

And taking your medication.

I know what I’m talkin about because I’ve been where you’re at.

You’re not alone and guess what?
You can beat it trust me

Crawfordsville, Indiana

Just recently they have found a cure for HIV hang in there.

1 Like

I first tested positive for HIV in 1995 and then I was giagnosed of having full blown AIDS in 2006. I am still pushing myself through, but it isn’t easy anymore.

Crawfordsville

That’s not true

1 Like

Live life to the fullest and always remember that no one is going to do it for you. You only live once in a lifetime. God bless and keep up with the latest medicine. Out there they work. I lived with my HIV for 40 years. God bless you.

1 Like

When the heck were you diagnosed? And what were your diagnoses
Get a Dr. who talks with you not just too you. Follow his orders sincerelysince you’ll be the beneficiary. There’sno cure yet. But your strict compliance will give you a long life line. I was diagnosed in 1985 , had two bouts with lymphoma, a heart attack and am going on 87.

2 Likes

I have got the past 3decades trellis over1800 and viral load undetectable. Live like you’re free of hiv take your meds religiously see you doctor don’t have unprotected sex or exchange needles and you’ll do fine

I was diagnosed at the age of 23 when it was called grid. I’m now 56 and my T cell are 400 undetectable and on Bicktarvy.

1 Like