How do you describe flutters or an irregular heartbeat

I have constant flutters but I do not know how to describe them to my doctors. How do you describe them?

2 Likes

I explain them as flutters, like my heart flutters like a butterfly flutters. Like tiny jumps…

4 Likes

I also have the flutters. It feels like my heart is doing summer salts n many times it takes my breath away. In on 2 blood pressure medicines and Inderol due to my blood pressure goes so high I have migraine headache. I wished I knew the real words to give you. This morning my blood pressure is low which I’m greatful for but the way I feel I’m afraid its to low for me because I’m nauseated,no energy. I have no idea what’s going on. I was just told I have hardening of the arteries. I’m only 56 yrs. old.

4 Likes

I was on Imdur but it made my BP to low and I was sick all the time. I was charged to Ranexa which did a lot better. Now they have taken me off of it. I had a heart cath on Wed (unexpected) they told me I have a weak heart and my ejection fraction rate is 30 which is considered heart failure. I too am 56 but I don’t think the diagnosis is correct. I hope to know more next week

4 Likes

I am 61 when diagnosed with congestive heart failure. my ef was 15

3 Likes

that’s a good way. I haven’t heard that one yet though.

1 Like

I had it only once and described it as rapid waves, or bubbles. I was told I had a benign murmur…couldn’t be picked up by the stress test, or echocardio machine…was found through 10 minutes is skilled listening through a stethoscope.

2 Likes

I described them as butterflies.

2 Likes

I am with you. When I first told my Dr. it feels like my heart is doing flip flops n I feel that went in one ear n out the other. My BP and Pulse is low in the morning then by after noon its really ,really high. I wished someone would explain to me also how to explain how to tell the cardiologist what I’m feeling.

1 Like

I’m also 56 and my BP is doing exactly what it did to you. When I take it I’m ok for that day but the next day when I get up I can’t stay awake that whole day. It stinks but if I don’t take it then my BP is totally crazy!

1 Like

I tell them it feels like my heart is flip flopping around.

2 Likes

Just tell them like your talking to us here. I have heart flutters as well, Doctor inserted a Reveal heart monitor over a year ago, they can’t catch what I tell them. Then a few weeks ago I got called to come in immediately. Which scarred me, but yet I realized they finally seen what I was talking about. I’m on two b/p meds an now on heart medication and low dose of nitro to control the fluttering I felt.

3 Likes

Thank you. You gave me some incouragement. Last time I was at my cardiologist she changed times I take my heart meds. She said if this doesn’t work then she will get more aggressive.

1 Like

rbingham
One way I describe mine is my I sides feel like they are quivering. On days when it is worse it feels like a fish flopping in my chest.
I hope this helps you out.

1 Like

GSMoyer glad that have something to go on.
On September 9, 2011 I had a internal loop recorder placed. With this my dr was able to adjust my meds. I had it removed September 9, 2018 due to dead battery and not needing it any longer.
Hopefully your dr will be able to get things in order soon.

Just describe it as a flutter your cardiologist will know exactly what you are talking about. Mine did.

1 Like

I was having this thing in my chest and could not figure out what was going on. They just happened to catch it one evening. PAC’s. Premature atrial flutters. It felt like a bumble bee stuck in fast mode and I would find myself feeling like I needed to gasp for breath

1 Like

Tar readings. Present him with it

Flutters is like your heart speeds up than slows down. Irregular heart beat can be heart skipping a beat or two.

I tell the doctor that my heart beats too fast.