How do i know if i have sleep apnea

I have been having trouble sleeping for a little while now but a lot of people say that I might have sleep apnea does anyone know the signs I should be looking out for πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ€”

2 Likes

Sleep Apnea is where you stop breathing in your sleep.

2 Likes

Tiredness, snoring, waking yourself up snoring, driving short or long distances and getting sleepy or falling asleep while driving is to name a few but it could be other things as well but it’s best to talk to your PCP then if they feel you may have sleep apnea or something else going on they will refer you to a pulmonologist or neurologist. They will do a consultation as well as you answer some questions and based on the score they will then refer you to have a sleep study done to see if you have sleep apnea. Depending on your test from the study will give them the answers to answer your questions and concerns.

4 Likes

Thank you πŸ™

2 Likes

Thank you πŸ™

1 Like

You’re welcome!

The only way to be diagnosed with sleep apnea is to do a sleep study. This can be done inpatient or at home. This study wwill generate a report detailing if you have sleep apnea and what type.

Yes, that’s the mine reason. You will have an over night testing. I heard now it can be done at home. My was test was at a sleep center.

1 Like