Homeless

I have not posted lately. My plate has been full trying to survive. I was homeless from January 1, 2020 untill January 17, 2020. Adult Protective Services put me up in a nice Motel so the week we got snow I was nice and warm. They helped me find a place to live which I can afford. Then helped me with the fees and I paid my 1st month’s rent. When I found out I could not pay my rent in the middle of the month, which is when I get my check they stepped up and paid February rent. Now when I get paid next week I can pay March rent 2 weeks early and never be late.
I hope everyone out there is in a nice warm home and doing good.
I am truly blessed.

7 Likes

So happy for you! Those are a lot of good changes in such a short period of time. I’m so glad you’re getting the help and services you need!!!

2 Likes

Thank you. I realy was frightened to contact them not knowing what would happen. However the fear of living on the street in winter, and with all my medical conditions was even scarier.
I will say that the department here was awesome. I am so grateful for everything they did for me. I am truly blessed.

1 Like

May God continue to bless you. Glad you’re safe and OK.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your story. It is heartbreaking to think that there are people who have no home to live in. But then it is also heartwarming to know there are still people who care enough to help. May God bless you and keep you safe.

1 Like

Thank you. It still amazes me every morning when I wake up safe from the elements. I am more than Blessed to have my tiny apartment.

2 Likes

Yes it is very heartbreaking. I know God is good to me because I see homeless people everyday. It makes me wish I was rich enough to help them all. Unfortunately zi am only able to look after myself.
Before I retired I was a nurse caring for the sick. It feels so strange for me to be the one someone is looking out for.
It has warmed my heart as you said to know there are people out there that actually do help.
Stay well and gentle hugs

I almost for got to tell you to stay well and gentle hugs to you.

1 Like

Same to you. God is so great and awesome. His love for us is shown everyday.

Once adult protective services gets involved you should be able to get any, and all issues resolved, or at least information as to where to start. Good luck

Thank you they have been a great help to me.