Hi there, I'm new here!

Hi my name is Shelley. I’m 49 years old. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar I, Anxiety, BPD, and ADD. I don’t have a support system at all. I have a lot of friends but they really don’t seem interested in learning about it. My family just keeps brushing it under the rug. So I’m really hoping to learn more about my mental illness. Maybe you all might know something I don’t know and vice versa.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I am to bipolar with depression and my family don’t care except my kids. So you like to talk I am a good listener.

2 Likes

Mental illnesses are scary for most people. They don’t know what to do, so they hide it. I have had issues with depression and anxiety all my life. My first deep dive into depression happened when I was 12.
It is so important to get counseling. I hope you well.

2 Likes

Welcome to the best & most responsive medical organizer on the web!
We are all pulling for you!

1 Like

Thank you for writing me back!! My 26 year old daughter seems to be the only one who tries to understand me. The other 3 brush it under the rug. I’m so glad I found this app, I just feel so alone a lot. Thank you for offering to listen to me, and I will listen to you also!! I haven’t had an episode for a couple months now (thank goodness). Also I’m having a hard time understanding Borderline personality disorder, do you know anything about that? I was diagnosed last year with that. Once again thank you!!

Thank you!!

No I don’t

You’re absolutely right, it is scary. When I was a kids I always felt different but I wasn’t diagnosed until I was 33. I have a really hard time with going out in public. Thank you for reaching out to me!!

1 Like

Okie dokie, thanks anyways!!

I tend to keep to myself. I am married and to my best friend, so I am content to stay home. That makes it easier in this shelter in place time.
But sometimes something just gets going in my mind and I am too grouchy to be around. That is how I was when I was a kid. I was bullied in school for being different and I learned to just stay away from people.
I have read some about BPD, but I don’t know much. There are some good sites such as WebMD and the Mayo Clinic that give info and advise. There are also meditation sites that are free online. I have found that nature and meditation help calm my mind.

1 Like

Hi Shelley. I’m Michelle. I also suffer from Bipolar I and Anxiety. My wife had ADD. But I’m not sure what BPD is. I’ve been diagnosed for nearly 35 years plus I was with my wife for 25 years until she passed away. So maybe I can help some. If you are interested let me know.

1 Like

I also know about borderline personality disorder

1 Like

Thank you!! I never thought of checking out the Mayo Clinic for information about BPD.

I was just diagnosed with BPD. I know it has something to do with my emotions. Sometimes it’s hard being me with all of these problems. I live alone and my apartment tends to be my safe zone.

Thank you!!

Can you tell me about BPD??

With borderline personality disorder you see things as either black or white. In other words one way or the other there is no gray or middle ground. No compromise. It’s a difficult thing to live with because you don’t understand what middle ground or compromise is. My wife had it. It was difficult to live with. But we learned. We were together 25 years before she passed. With therapy it’s something you can learn to deal with. And also if you have a significant other it wouldn’t hurt to have a couples therapy session or two after you got a better understanding of it. If you want to talk I’m here.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this information. I felt scared when I read what you wrote but it was like you were describing me. I just keep asking myself “why me”. I’m a good person who where’s her ❤️ heart on my sleeve. I will get through this somehow. Thank you again!!

Don’t be scarf Shelley. I’m sure you’re a very good person. So was my wife. It’s just something you have to understand about yourself. Once you do you realize that you can “DEAL” with it. It may take some time. But understanding your disorder somehow makes it much easier. I’d like to, how do I say this without sounding harpy. Please don’t ever use it as an excuse for your behavior towards others. It hurts them. When my wife got ill she did. And it caused pain. And not only to me. Own the disorder and it won’t defeat you! I know you can do this Shelley!❤️. I’m always here.

1 Like

Hi I have ptsd and my family has basically cut me out of the their lives. You need to find a good psychiatrist to treat you you need the proper medication someone to talk to. Your not alone many of us struggle with the same issues.

1 Like