Hi everybody! 🙂

I’m a 56 year old female. I’ve been dealing with MS symptoms for roughly 25 years. They initially thought I had Lupus but that appeared to be a false positive. Going thru years of Drs treating me like I was a hypochondriac, I just stopped seeking their help and just dealt with my issues. Recently my symptoms have increased so my pcp ordered an MRI and it shows changes in my white matter, which didn’t surprise me. I’m still working as of now but it’s getting a little rough. I’m a Paramedic and I’m getting bombarded with alittle bit of everything, like numbness in my legs, fine motor issues, pain, all that stuff. It seems to be progressing at the moment. Normally it comes and goes, but lately it’s not subsiding so I think it’s time to get some help. Making an appt with a really great Neurologist that my roommate sees, so I can start a game plan. After 33 years as a medic, I’m thinking a medical retirement is not too far off. But I’m just taking it a day at a time. It’s nice to have others to talk to, that understand what we’re are going thru.

4 Likes

Nxy, welcome. I also was in EMS, paramedic/firefighter and instructor for 40 years, 1969 - 2009. Your symptoms are very familiar. Good luck with your appointment. MERRY CHRISTMAS🎅🎄⛄❄

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Merry Christmas to you too!!

2 Likes

I also have had MS for about 48 years, but I as not diagnosed until 20 years ago. I have relapsing and remitting but have other stuff too. I left work at 62 because my memory was so bad I would miss appointments and trainings. As a Vice President that was not helpful to my job. Best wishes, Hope you had a great holiday.

2 Likes

I’m starting to have more problems with finding the right words and I’m getting pretty disorganized at times. Fortunately that’s not affecting my work yet, but it’s getting harder for me to get in and out of the ambulance. Getting alittle frustrating.

1 Like

I hear you. I am sorry, but yes u need the neurologist ASAP. There are treatments available. 🙏🙏🙏 Prayers for recovery.

1 Like

Wow! My neurologist thinks that I am progressing into secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. My symptoms have gotten worse to and they haven’t subside. Now my joints in my feet are swollen. I am a teaching Para and my students wear me out!

I really hope you start to feel better soon! Thank you for your service. ❤️

Hello Nyx,

I hope you’re able to finally get a diagnosis. Best of luck.

Charlie