Help with dawn phenomenon

Hello. Any night shift nurses out there that can help me with management of my fasting blood sugar? When I work, I usually eat last at 3 a.m. The next time I eat is at 4 p.m. after I’ve slept all day. I take my fasting blood sugar when I wake up and notice it has been above 120. Is there something I could snack on before going to bed to prevent dawn phenomenon?

I am not a nurse, but can tell you that one thing I have found that really helps my blood sugar is eating avocado. Don’t know if you like it but if you do, it is worth’s shot. About 1/4 of an avocado is a good amount.

When I was having that problem my doctor told me to not eat any carbs my last meal before bedtime.
It has helped me. It is worth a try. If it does not help call your doctor continued highs can cause so much damage to your organs.
Hope this helps you. Be well.

Before bed?

My last meal is my Dinner at about 10pm-12am and a snack at 3am.

I would have it with my last meal. I like it on a sandwich, in a salad or on a slice of toast.

Yum I love avocados they are so good for you. I cut the hole just a bit bigger so a whole egg will fit and put them in the oven on a baking sheet for 25 to 30 min. Until the eggs are fully cooked. Oh they are the bomb.

Trseba