Hello brave warriors!

I was diagnosed with RRMS in 2008 and now progressed SPMS. I’m still somewhat mobile. I’m looking forward to connecting with people in this group and sharing info. I’ve tried most of the DMDs and now am taking Rituxan infusions. I hope everyone is staying positive and keeping up the fight!

6 Likes

Hi, I got just RRMS for now. Recommend trying CBD or THC for your symptoms. It will help you a lot. For now, my MS is gone from my eyes. I can see like before. It will help you tremendously and, the only side effects is the munchies. I needed for my lost weight.

2 Likes

Hi I have rrms, I think? I was diagnosed this February2019. I use the medical marijuana that has THC and CBD equal parts I don’t get the munchies too bad I put it in my coffee every morning one dose and it does help. I started with the avonex shot but I got nauseous from it I will be starting a 6-month infusion soon. I think that starts with an O?

3 Likes

Hello! I tried CBD oil for my neuropathy. It helped a little, but not as well as Gabapentin does. Sucks because I’m all for natural therapies but only if they work better or as well as traditional treatments.

4 Likes

May I please ask how much you had to pay for everything?
I was just diagnosed in April 2019 from a spinal tap & finally a special blood test.
So I guess we’re both ”newbies”.
I’ve had some of the symptoms for years and as a nurse, I just kind of knew but yet thought it was because my dad was diagnosed 15 years ago.
But to get back to the point, I live in Pennsylvania & my neurologist actually brought up the subject of medical marijuana. I’m on so many meds & who knows what might be side effects from them in years from now.
The only problem w/ the medical marijuana is not getting the card…its the cost.
I’ve been told in the area I live in it will cost a couple hundred $ to go to the Dr. who can prescribe it and I would want it in oil that would cost over $100/ month.
I’m on disability and live paycheck to paycheck.
But of course, I make too much for Medicaid insurance & no more than $15.00/mo in food stamps. But while I’m very thankful I also qualify for my monthly Medicare premium to be paid my bills + my rent do not give me much leftover for groceries & gas for the month.
Ok, I’ve rambled on way too much. I just wonder how much other people pay & where do they live.
Thank you.
Sherry

2 Likes

My primary care doctor prescribe me my medical marijuana he was a licensed medical marijuana prescriber so it did not question me hundreds of dollars to find my doctor and my bottle is $105 and I want to say it lasts me over a month I only use 1/8 of a teaspoon in my coffee every day and it’s called balance its equal CBD and THC you need this for your Ms cuz it balances are nerves I take powder because I have acid reflux and Barrett’s esophagus and I find the oil and even the coconut oil pills that it comes in pill gives me agita. (Acid reflux) then I have another bottle of powder that when I’m in real pain that bottle is $90 and I put that in my cup of tea in the afternoon and that’s only if I have any of my other flare-ups from MS or like the pains in my hands or my feet and they give discounts when you are on Medicaid and Medicare I don’t have either one of them so I don’t get those discounts. but I was going to go to another medical marijuana place because they had better hours and I heard they were cheaper than the place I was going to so my place actually gave me the discount that everybody else was getting so you just got to talk that talk and ask cuz they do have programs and discounts and I think if you pay cash you get discounts.

2 Likes

Oh and I have points that I get each time and when I earn points I save money and redeem my points so my next order I have $10 taken off my bill so each place has incentives

2 Likes

Hope e eryone is getting through this heat its aweful hard with ms

2 Likes

That CBD was in a chickpea protien tyle bar a lil calorific. But tasty and it didnt hurt my stomach. I just had a huge surgery. So

My favorite bar I couldnt eat. So I was impressed with this CBS bar.

It was under 300 calories. Lentils chickpeas idk not bad other ingredient s snd chocolate tasted

1 Like

Wegmans had these

I used to love the heat. Hiking through the mountains and desert was one of my favorite things to do. Not anymore. Anything over 80F and I’m done.

1 Like

I’m investing about $100 monthly for a flower and gummies. Living in the outskirts of Okeechobee, Florida. Very quiet place.

3 Likes

No more than $100 for gummies (edibles) and CBD for smoke (CBD 20.2%, .THC .03).

1 Like

There is many different ways to pay costs- talk to the MS society in your area and your neurologist. They can direct you. There are grants from different agencies and sometimes the companies that have the drugs offer special programs. Hope you find what you’re needing soon! Rose

2 Likes

When I was looking into the thc as help for MS pain and Cancer pain. When I told that I was on a limited income they were willing to work with me. This was with the internet stores now the brick and mortar store. It doesn’t hurt to ask.

1 Like

It’s cooling down now! I do much better!

1 Like

I wish we had legal medical Marijuana in virginia. I hate taking all these pills causing tons of crazy symptoms and wondering what it’s all doing to my body. Do you all see a pain management doctor? I’d love to ditch the pain mgmt Dr but the drive would be 5 hours each way to the closest state. I’m not sure if they’ll even prescribe to someone who lives out of state? Any advice?

1 Like

no I no longer see a pain management doctor I get my medical marijuana license from my primary care doctor because he is a licensed medical marijuana doctor as well as a primary care doctor he got his certification in medical marijuana licensing.

2 Likes

be well. Ms is hard! and yes painful!

march on as best you can-we have to keep on keeping on!!

I can relate to your post a lot. I think my RRMS is progressing. Today my neurologist ordered another MRI eventhough I just had one 4 months ago. I’m in pain everyday and in the evenings my legs and arms feel like I have bruises all over them and hurt to the touch. Another new symptom is the pounds and needles in my limbs and numbing with electrical type shooting pains. I’ve gotten them every now and then but never daily. How did they know when yours progressed? Those of you in the same situation, how did you know when it progressed? I feel like I barely have enough energy to take a shower or do some minor things around the house. Any advice for me? I’m feeling pretty down.