Having high blood sugars

Hi everyone I’m new to the group. I have had uncontrolled blood sugars for over a year.

7 Likes

Drinking lots of water with lemon helps portioned meals work great lots of vegetables is great. Water flushes high sugar levels.

6 Likes

Thanks and yes I do drink a lot of water. My mouth stays so dry and thirsty a lot.

8 Likes

I’ll make, I too have been suffering with hslevels all year. I crave sweets and never did before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Are you on any type medication?

4 Likes

My husband has high blood sugars. He is on 4 medications. He has a really bad sweet tooth. I am diabetic also but only on metformin. I use to have a sweet tooth, but not no more. I stay away from candy. Every once in a while I have one candy just to get the sweetness out of my mind. I know it is hard but you have to think of the future and how you can change your habits. Good luck.

3 Likes

I am type 2 and I take insulin and pills.

1 Like

I take humalog @ tresiba @ empagliflozin.

3 Likes

My husband takes metformin 2 times and is on trulicy one time a week plus 1 shot of metformin in the morning and another one in the morning. Then one shot before supper. He still eats his sweets. I only take metformin twice a day and that is pill form. I guess it is will power for me.

2 Likes

I take pills once a day in the morning and tresiba in the morning and humalog before my 3 meals.

2 Likes

My sugar is high to as of now. I kn Y my sugar is that way,I eat the wrong stuff it manely Sweets at the wrong times that’s at night and I don’t think. Lol my Dr gb me this new prescription it Trucity it work n the beginning now I hope it still is. My a1c was 11 A month later it was 7.1 i lost weight to. I hope it’s still 👌

2 Likes

Does this work for real, when should I do this meaning what time of day Morning Noon night or after I eat whatever.

2 Likes

Since my Dr moved my Tresiba up to 90 units in the am and humalog 30 3 times a day and jardiance 10 mg a day it’s seems to be working for now. I go back to the dr next month.

2 Likes

How do you manage your nutrition? If carb counting, I have found that if I eat alot of carbs later in the evening, my fasting sugars are higher. I was hoping to “save” carbs from earlier in the day so I could eat a little more oh what I want for dinner. Not working…😞

3 Likes

No I don’t count carbs it’s to much work. It makes me depressed.

3 Likes

I try not to eat a lot late at night. I usually check my blood sugars before bedtime.

2 Likes

It did for me at first. VERY overwhelming. The educator I saw gave me a couple pages that list/group foods according to their carb count. Even “free” food. It is making it easier. Would you be interested enough to have me attach pics of the pages?

3 Likes

Sure thank you

2 Likes

I hope they enlarge well for you.

7 Likes

I am 5’ 3/4". She recommended 30 for breakfast, 45 lunch, 45 dinner, 15 late snack.
I was freaking out when I thought I could only have 100/day!

2 Likes

I am able to see it thank you

2 Likes