Has anyone tried medical marijuana?

I am a new mm user in Ohio. Does anyone have experiences using mm for pain and/or inflammation? What strains or hybrids have helped you?
Keep it real,
Cindy

10 Likes

I use topicals if my joints ache really badly, it helps for a few hours but definitely doesnt take all the pain away, it does help with inflammation tho.

5 Likes

I’ve been using mm since the beginning of this year. I use different strains/products for different activities or times of day.

I use a Sativa strain vape pen when I need to go somewhere or get something done. It doesn’t take the pain away completely, I’ve honestly never found anything that can do that, but it helps me keep my mind more distracted from the pain and I’m able to participate in life easier.

I use a hybrid strain vape pen more towards afternoon/evening when I’m at home. It helps more with pain, but like I said doesn’t take it away completely. I also have some hybrid lozenges as well. It makes it so much easier to relax my body since when I’m in pain I’ve noticed that I hold myself a lot more tensely.

Then I use an Indica strain vape pen before I go to bed. It helps me relax quicker and fall asleep faster. I also have better quality sleep when I use it…and let’s face it, we all know how important good quality sleep is when you have chronic pain.

I’m still doing a lot of research and trying new strains/products to dial in my mm use for my body. I love the fact that I have the freedom to choose what works best for my body and my specific pain! I also like that the vape pens and lozenges are discreet enough that unless someone has used that specific product, no one would even know that that’s what I’m taking.

14 Likes

Oh and I also use CBD topicals to target specific areas with aches and pains.

6 Likes

Would like to help but mm is still illegal in Indiana or I would be asking the same thing. I will keep an eye on the responses you get, will be helpful. Gentle hugs and God Bless!

8 Likes

I share your experience of better pain management with Indica strain. Since being glued to my couch all day does nothing to contribute to my maximum participation in life, it’s sativa by day always. The strain ACDC is high CBD and nearly no THC. I’ve found that adding 1 part ACDC to 2 parts of the high THC sativa I use during the day, even while diluting the THC percentage, boosts the relief of and distraction from pain.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I live in a state where mm became legal at the first of the year, so I don’t have anyone to bounce my ideas or experiences with mm off of. I’m always looking for resources like this so that I can tweak things and get the best result possible!

5 Likes

Does it help better then opiates? Don’t want to mess my liver up anymore then it is. Would rather switch.

5 Likes

Does anyone know if and when Medical Marijuana will be legal federally?

2 Likes

Thank goodness in CA, we are able to grow our own. Don’t know what strain it is but with chronic pain in my lower back, do to Arthritis from L-5 all the way down. I have chronic Migraines, High blood pressure, Sleep Apnea, Moderate P.A.D., Restless Leg Syndrome that is so bad that I’m on 4mg Requip 1 in am, one in PM. Because I can’t even sit down, day or night without them. Anyway, I’m going on and on.

Smoking Marijuana helps with all of my issues. I don’t take any pain pills anymore, I got hooked on them because dr. kept me on them for 10 years. Changed doctors and I Have been off for 2 years, so needed something to ease the pain. Besides pain pills. Started smoking Marijuana and using CBD gel, I’m at least able to function and now husband and I are going to the gym 5 days a week, which is also helping. I now go to a Chiropractor who is working on my back and my Migraines. He has reduced my Migraines from a 10+ to a 3 to 4 on scale of 1 to 10. My back pain has been reduced from a 10 to a 5 and by adding ice it is now a 0 most days. I can’t take any Migraine medication because it makes me sicker. Natural is better.
Good luck in finding something that will help you. God Bless.

7 Likes

Apparently the level of pain relief is very personalized per individual and strains used. I’ve spoken to mm users who had been in horrific accidents that left them with searing, impossible pain only relieved by massive doses of opiates…like 100mg fentanyl patches plus 40mg percocet every three hours. They used it to wean off ALL opiates and claim that mm works better.
I can’t make that claim. It does help the pain, distracts my mind from noticing as keenly, and I can moderate it myself with no damn government agency controlling my health and wellness.

9 Likes

That’s complicated. I think it could happen in the next 18-24 months. The legislative climate is certainly friendlier.
For some reason the chronic pain community seems to think the opiate crap and marijuana red tape is a Trump thing (which is untrue…this began in the early 20teens). Its a fire begun in the Obama era. So I tend to disagree with the majority who are counting on democrats winning the white house and gaining a majority in both houses.
Trump is going to win another term and cannabis will be descheduled administratively.
I could be wrong though. I have two failed marriages to remind me of the times I’ve been really most sincerely wrong.
Keep it real!
Cindy

4 Likes

I smoked it when i was in my late teens before I joined the Air force. I am 100% disabled. Through the military, VA, Civil Service and Social Security. I know it would work better for me I take Oxycodone 5 mg 3 times a day and Klonipin 2.5 mg 2 a day and they put me on 2 watch list in WV. They are wiening me off the Klonipin within the next 5 months because I’m not allowed to take both. But the will not up my Oxycodone. They said I could use mm but i cannot bring it on federal grounds like the VA clinic and I would have to pay for everything myself. Which is bs all my other meds are free.

5 Likes

Wish they would let me change and pay for it through the VA. But right now if i fail a piss test I will lose all my federal disability and Air Force retirement. Thanks.

4 Likes

Susan I have everthing you named plus NASH ( Fatty Liver Decease) which the opiates are killing.

2 Likes

Right now I’m feeling fairly good vaping Blue Dream flower, a moderately high THC (17-24%) hybrid that is 60% sativa, 40% indica. I blend it, 2 parts Blue Dream to 1 part ACDC . That’s my daytime “go to” flower. I’ve also been pretty pleased with Clementine, a 50% Sativa/50% Indica hybrid, also moderately high THC (17% - 19%) and also blended with ACDC but in a 1 to 1 ratio. Without the significant addition of ACDC, Clementine makes me anxious. Neither of these effect me in a psychoactive way. Both energize me and I get more done during the day.
I am still experimenting with Indica strains to get a good night’s sleep. Sticky Buns flower (vaped) is ok.

6 Likes

There are organizations established to pay for mm for patients unable to pay for it themselves. I’ll do some checking. What city and state are you in.

4 Likes

Now THAT is criminal!

1 Like

Its more likely the acetaminophen that is in percocet, Norco, Vicodin, etc.
Acetaminophen, used as directed right on a bottle of OTC Tylenol, is proven to damage the liver and contributes to renal failure.

7 Likes

This article barely touches on the toxicity at normal, therapeutic doses. I’m not finding the latest work which I initially found on PubMed. It also involved a university. https://www.health.harvard.edu/pain/acetaminophen-safety-be-cautious-but-not-afraid

3 Likes