Glucose readings

Doctor prescribed a new meter and test strips for me, a One Touch Ultra. My previous meter was a Freestyle Precision Neo. It’s a great meter but I didn’t like the individually foil wrapped test strips.

So I tried the new Ultra, easy to you, but my readings are higher than with the Freestyle. So I did a couple days where I used both meters, same finger within 2 minutes apart on readings. The Ultra consistently reads 40 to 50 points higher than the Freestyle. I have no way to determine which one is correct. Any suggestions on what to do?

1 Like

The State of Delaware joined with Livongo to provide State Pensioners a new electronic meter & strips, FREE OF CHARGE!
Just to compare, I continued to test myself daily w both my Bayer Contour/Next & Livongo. I use the very same sample for both results.
The Livongo results are consistently 10 - 100 points higher on a daily basis.
I contacted the Company, plus asked my Endocrinologist to test me in the office. The Livongo results were substantially higher than the results taken in the doctor’s office.
Since the Livongo is totally free, I continue using both & keeping a chart of both results.
Hopefully, I will come to some resolution in the difference between the 2 devices…SOON!
I WISH YOU LUCK!

3 Likes

Take it to your doctor’s office and ask them to check it for accuracy!

1 Like

Thank you! Heading to Loyola hospital Tuesday, they are going to test both meters decide what to do going forward!

Thank you! Heading to Loyola hospital Tuesday, they are going to test both meters decide what to do going forward!

I failed to report my findings, my apologies. My Freestyle Precision Neo meter is consistently within 1 point of the hospital’s blood draw results on the same sample. (Yes, same sample. I have a wonderful phlebotomist!)
I will never used anything other than the Precision Neo!