Gastric sleeve

I had my lapband removed on 12/14 and had the gastric sleeve done in Juarez MX. I have spent the past 13 years 10 of which I have had no fluid in my band throwing up. After having a hear attack on 9/14/18, I needed to do something life changing. At 228lbs as of 1/1/18, with the lapband I was still considered morbidly obese, BMI over 30, HBP, B6 and B12 deficient and diagnosed with kidney failure. This past May I hired a personal trainer and begin eating only plant based foods. I was able to get down to 215lbs. Mmy My kidney disease stage 3 was reversed, BP numbers were improved, but with the band I couldn’t eat enough real foods. I decided to have it removed and replaced the the gastric sleeve. I’m not even a week post surgery and I’m down 5 pound. I’m on liquids though for the next few weeks. I’m starting my walking back up today.

My doctor told me she was proud of me for making the decision to have the band removed. She went on to day that if I loose the weight I will come off the BP meds in 2020.

The bottom line is just eat real food impacted my health. I have a new tool that going to help me tool to help me loos this weoght.

7 Likes

I do not know who you are but after ready your story I have to say I am so proud that you were able to accomplish your goals and keep up the good work. I hope others can see that it can be done and not to give up on what you want to do.

4 Likes

Good job on getting the band removed…eat real food. I have type 2 diabetes…after years of meds that made me gain weight I got up to 305…went to WW for two years. Followed their program to the letter. Lost 165 lbs to get down to 135 in two years…
I wore a size 4…then I went into the hospital for depression and they put me on lithium.
Its a a horrible med. Made me gain 10 lbs a month for 8 months t h en I told my shrink I was going off of it…I was so angry that he did t b at to me
While I gained weight I continued to eat small healthy meals but I just kept gained more weight… Now I weigh 222.
I’m 62 and don’t date and am not married so I’ve come to terms that I’m going to weigh more than 135… I’m happy with myself, like myself, had back surgery in 17. So I don’t do a lot of exercise…so I hope you get to your weight loss goals I did from 42-44.
It CAN BE DONE…and once you do it you CAN keep the wright off by eating right and do exercise…good luck and God bless you💞

4 Likes

Yes, it can. I have been ove 200lbs to 20 years. Now in my 50s my BP has not been stable. I’m well aware that this is a tool and I need to continue to eat healthy and exercise. Lithium is very bad, depression can be called by leaky gut. Google leaky gut, get you gut bacteria right to address your depression. I wish you better health.

2 Likes

Thank you! My friend who is 82 and wearing the same clothes he wore in college

2 Likes

He is in great shape and looks like he’s 65.
He takes no meds at all. He spoke to me about leaky gut syndrome a long time ago but I forgot the dedonation is. Thanks I will look it up…have a great evening.🐯

2 Likes

Definiation is

1 Like

Thank you

2 Likes

Good morning,
Sorry about my spelling and my writing. It sucks I know. Also remember God has made us all for a reason and we all have our problems to face. No matter what size, color,gender we are God loves us and seek him and he will give you the the strength to keep moving on. Love who you are even if other son not. I am 190 pounds and I am 57 Inc tall. Before I had kids I was 110. I know how you feel because I want to be small again. But I now have to keep it moving and not worry about my weight anymore because if someone is going to love me they will love who I am as a person. Hope you be able to talk to you again. My name is Angel Jhirad. And live in Sebring Florida 33872. I am 45 years old

1 Like

Thank you Angel. I love all of me. God save me from a heart attack last year so I must take control of my health. I have been ove 200+ pounds for 20 years after having my kids. My highest was 260 and I’m only 5ft 4. I took care over everyone in my family except for me. My husband and my children supports me, because they know they almost lost me. I stepped on the scale today and I weighed 207, have6been that weight in 8 years. I’m motivated. Thank you for the encouragement and support. God Bless you and Merry Christmas.

2 Likes

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a very happy new year yourself. God Bless you!

I’m still fighting with my weight I’m 58, 234, it just won’t Go.down but I’m trying,

I have changed the time I eat dinner to 4:00pm. And I have been taking a walk around my neighborhood for 20 mins. A church member was was talking to told me to make these changes and it has worked but not fast. I have lost 3 pounds since the last time I sent you text. Oh only drink water before bed and early in morning. I do not know how many more pounds this will do for me but I thought I would share it with you and see if you get the same results.please let me know.

1 Like

Thanks for those pointers

No let’s hope for the best (the two of us)

1 Like