Gabepinen

No here in Conn it is not controlled I’m on 900 mg 3 times a day

3 Likes

I live in Missouri Gabapentin is not controlled here and I’m on 800 mg 4 times a day

2 Likes

I live in Illinois, doctor is in Kentucky. Gabapentin is controlled in both states.

2 Likes

Two of my pharmacist have told me that they’re getting ready to make Gabapentin and Lyrica a controlled substance in Missouri

2 Likes

Lyrica is very bad, a doctor told my husband not to ever take it because of all the side effects. He said he knew of several patients who committed suicide on it. Please don’t take it. On the other Gabapentin, I take 300mg 3 x day for my Neropothy and it has stopped the sharp shooting pain, the burning pain and some of the numbness has improved, no side effects to me. I love that it is helping me with no side effects.

3 Likes

Am at 1200mg 2 times a day, still have shooting pain, not near as bad as before.

1 Like

I’m in Kansas and I take 900mg, 4 times a day and it does help a little with my pain and was told I’m at the maximum safe amount of gabapenten. Lyrica was like a couple of others I’ve tried via my doctors trial and error of meds to help and was told by my wife how “loopy and dizzy” I was and she told doctors I couldn’t take it and it also did nothing for my pain. She said I acted like I was drunk. I can’t say what it and others may do for someone else. Hopefully it will help someone else. If the good it does outweighs the side effects, more power to you. Wish you all the best of luck…

1 Like

How long have you been on it? I’ve was on Gabapentin for 6 months before it really did give me the relief I was expecting.

1 Like

The last I heard it is a federally controlled medicine. I could be wrong though

If Gabapentin was Federal Controled substance I would half to get a paper prescription every month to the Pharmacy and I don’t0 9

I have had little success with Gabapentin (1000 mg x2 daily) just starting Lyrica (aka Pregabalin 100 mg x2 daily). As I am not taking Narcotics (less a 5 mcg Pain patch). The pain is hell and don’t see a way out.

I took both Lyrica and Gabapentin and I might as well have been drunk for a month. And not in a good way. Cannot and refuse the take it. Watch side effects!

Please becareful because it has a mimd altering drug in it and when you get into the high mg. it alters the persons mind. My husband and I was married for 4 short
Yrs. and due to the mind altering part of the drug he was thinking we all wanted us dead. He left me for months at a time told many lies on me and my grand daughters as well. We are now going thru a dissolution!! Please find another medicine!!!

Lyrica is controlled in FL. It chgd a few yrs back here. A lot of chgs went into effect re: meds in July 2018. When Trump stated we’re in an opioid crisis. A lot of pain med mg’s were decreased & dosages cut down, due to his new law. I’m in constant daily pain. I’ve broke my back 3x. I’ve had 6 failed back surgeries. A broken neck (C1 & C2), leaving me decapitated, wearing a halo for 1/2 yr. I’m on morphine IR & ER 2x/day, Lyrica 100mg 3x/day, etc. I was on morphine 4x/day & it was cut in 1/2 to 2x/day. To deal w/the high pain I suffer w/in the afternoon, the doc gives me Lyrica 3x/day. Sad how they can do that w/our meds. Esp to the ppl that need them to move around & function.

@Susanmiller-I’ve been on Lyrica for probably 5 yrs for my Fibro & pain mgmt & it has been a God send. No wonky side effects w/me. It reacts to ppl differently. Hope ur hubs is on smthg better suited for him.

Been on it 9 years, started at 100 mg twice a day. Increased over the years.