Gabapentin

Is Gabapentin a controlled substance where you are?

3 Likes

No, it is not

2 Likes

Not sure honestly but it was in TN

2 Likes

Not in SC.

2 Likes

Not yet but will b a class 5 narcotic
soon like lyrica. Itโ€™s a class 5 narcotic which means it has potential of being addictive but has the lowest potential for it. The lower the class # the higher addictive it is. Hydrocodone & oxycodone are a class 2โ€ฆand so on. Hope this helpsโ€ฆ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Likes

I am in Ohio. It is here. Plus you have to take a drug test with 2 people watching and sign a paper stating you will not abuse or sell it.

1 Like

Less controlled. Trying to switch to it and take less Vicodin

2 Likes

Washington State

Yes it is. I take 2 600mg tablets 3 times a day.

2 Likes

In Nebraska it is not.

As of 2019, states that have reclassified gabapentin as a controlled substance include:

Kentucky

Michigan

West Virginia

Virginia

Tennessee

1 Like

Yes it became a controlled drug about a year ago in Virginia.

1 Like

Not in Texas. I have both Gabapentin and Lyrica. Pharmacy says itโ€™s not a controlled substance here

2 Likes

No, not in Hawaii.

1 Like

No, but it does require an Rx. And label says it may be abused by some, tho I find that mostly it makes me drowsy. If so, take largest dose before bedtime and smaller doses during the day.

Eg. I take 100, 100 and then 300mg at bedtime (fairly mild doses, but you must keep blood levels up during the day to be effective.

2 Likes

I see that in a handful of states it is. Utterly ridiculous IMHO! And yes I am new to the community as well as an MD. By my handle, I think you can see what my specialty is.

3 Likes

Actually Schedule 2, or II if you will, not Class 2, but your point is well taken and very helpful.

Isnโ€™t it funny that the federal government classifies marijuana as a schedule one narcotic!

4 Likes

Iโ€™m in Missouri & I take 800mg 4 times a day for neuropathy. Very high doseโ€ฆ

1 Like

Youโ€™re right I feel silly I was in nursing for 20 years but have trouble now trying to think of the right words Iโ€™m trying to say since the ER accidentally found something in my brain Iโ€™m glad that you clarified it for everyone thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Like

Marijuana is the best drug there is it takes care of every symptom and diagnoses I have ๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™ƒ

3 Likes

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

2 Likes