Finally did it knee replacement

It will come. Physical therapy is crucial to recovery I have found with my replacements. ( both shoulders and 1 knee). You wind up with a lot of scar tissue from the surgery, body’s way of healing. Unfortunately the scat scar tissue adheres to everything around the surgery, that is why you are having trouble getting it straight. Keep up with PT and excercises and it will all work out. I had my knee done about 2 years ago and am able to kneel and do most everything a normal knee does. It is worth it all in the end.

2 Likes

Had my first one (left) at 47, right when I was 60. Harder the older you get.

1 Like

Had my right one done Feb 2019 and am looking at the left one done possibly sometime this coming fall or winter, depends on the virus going around. Doc looked at the left side and said it wasn’t as bad as the right when he did it. I never could get my knee to 0° even before surgery, and a lot harder afterwards. I got it to the required 125° afterwards but not without PT. A hot bath does wonders for keeping the pain down, as does a heating pad and an ice pack.

1 Like

Yes it has be at Least 10 years since my double knee replacements all the therapy and exercises and trying to keep up with my

1 Like

Continuation from my reply on the my double knee replacement

1 Like

My husband had a hip replacement and I did not bring him home. He went into a center and got physical therapy twice a day for 2 weeks. It was hard, but when he came home, he was in good shape. He continued exercises at home and he is in great shape.
Keep up with your exercises. It will happen.

1 Like

So sorry for late reply. I had a manipulation done in March. Because I was not getting the movement they wanted. I’m doing better with that now.
Actually having surgery for my left any minute.

Wait 2 more? U had 3?

7 months out still cant kneel on it. Even getting up from kneeling (on my left) is hard. But I’m having tlkr any minute now. So no more kneeling for a while for me lol

Omg I miss a bath. I’ve taken a few maybe 3 since right knee. But it’s so hard to get out. I just prefer my shower with the chair

I wish. They wouldnt do in patient therapy. Even though it was supposed to be an option for me… I think it would have helped

1 Like

Yes two on the left knee one on my right

1 Like

It will come. I have a friend that had both knees done and is now able to kneel on both. Feels weird for a while, after not painful, then is just like before. Just takes time. Everyone is different in pain tolerance and healing time but sooner or later you will be able to do it again.

1 Like

Wow 2 replacements? That’s crazy. Are u okay now

Thanks… I’ll take less pain right now. Just had the left knee done and it’s way more painful than when I did my right one.

Yes it takes time but now at least I can walk around without A wheelchair

1 Like

That has to be awesome

I wish you well. I’ve refused to take that leap. Due to hemochromatosis I’m unable to take pain meds of any kind. And I’m managing the pain now with topicals and medical marijuana candy. Good luck on your recovery

1 Like

Oh wow. Yes I understand that. It would be super difficult without any pain meds. Especially the 1st week. How does hemp candy work for you? I’ve been told several times I should try it. For my anxiety and pain.

1 Like

I believe it helps to take the edge off. I’m using voltaren gel, cortisone shot and homemade medical marijuana topicals.