Fibromyalgia a morning of rolling dice

I am so tired of having fibromyalgia I was diagnosed now about a year ago I kind of knew I had it before I finally got the word from the doctor I’m here at home and try to do things little things around the house folding clothes packaging things still from Christmas but by the time I get done with just dishes I’m like tired and worn out and in pain. And it’s not like I’m depressed or anything it’s just that this is the way it is and they have family members that say they understand but every time I try to talk of my tiredness fatigue the medications the pain they try to measure the pain they have to the pain that I have and I know they don’t understand that you can live in constant pain where a simple Advil or Tylenol or just laying down does not get rid of it okay I’m done venting I hope everybody has a good day I hope you have a below 5 day because I don’t find those days loves and gentle hugs

7 Likes

@rblott88 Hi just wanted you to know that you are not alone. I have had fibro for many years. I know what you are going thru.
Obviously you are familiar with pain because you wished everyone a day of five or lower. Bless you for that. I will write again later. Just wanted you to know you were heard!

4 Likes

Someone asked me once what my fibromyalgia pain felt like. I told them it was like a severe migraine for my entire body. The next time someone tries to compare their pain to yours, tell them that.

6 Likes

To me I feel like I’ve,been hit by a truck. Many times I’ve noticed that they don’t believe that I’m in severe pain. Maybe if I was bleeding they’d believe me. Along with fibromyalgia comes chronic fatigue syndrome and of course you get labeled as lazy. People don’t understand it. For years doctors thought you were just depressed. He’ll yeah I’m depressed I can’t function. My life is constant pain and pure exahstion. But an antidepressants aren’t the answer. There are times when I can’t get out of bed because of the pain and fatigue. I have gone hungry because I’m too tired to cook. I don’t even go grocery shopping anymore. I ordered it online and a friend picks it up. It takes me days to put it up. Life is unbearably hard. I want to be normal and do things but it’s impossible. Now I’m alone because my husband has passed away. I need help with everyday things but I can’t afford that. All I can say is do things when you can and when you can’t don’t sweat it. It’ll be there tomorrow.

3 Likes

Do you qualify for a caregiver through aging and adult care?

I have fibromyalgia too. Can you guess? I suffered for 15 years before I was diagnosed in 1998. Turns out I have spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal) and it’s so bad the neurosurgeon won’t touch me! Well just how special is that?!?! I’ve been learning to deal with this ever since. It’s quite challenging I know. Seems like everyone you meet wants to one up you and your pain. I’m so tired of hearing “ but you don’t look sick” and “ honey, it’s all in your head” I could scream. It’s nice to have found a forum where I can vent and share war stories. It’s raining here & I feel like I was run over by a bus and you guys understand what I mean. But I should try to sleep 💤 Be blessed all of you. 👩🏻‍🦳🙏🏻❤️🐾💤💤💤💤💤

4 Likes

@gingerrussell reading your column was like finding my lost twin. Everything you wrote is what i am going through. I can’t cook or dishes or fold clothes! And yes i get hungry because everything overwhelms me. I have to have super easy food to get. But most of the time i just drink iced green tea all day. I am blessed to have my husband. He understand and helps me a lot. But he take away my pain. He can’t do anything about me waking up and crying every morning. Only so much anyone can do. I am sorry for what you go thru. I get it.

2 Likes

God bless you. You’re not alone. Thank goodness your husband is there to be with you. Treasure him. I’m sorry that we have this and that it’s so miserable. Your note was like a star shinning in the sky. You made me feel not so alone. Thank you. I hope you have better days ahead.

You are not alone. We feel your pain and we’re here for you.

I doubt it

@gingerrussell please feel free to right me anytime! We have a connection, of course it’s a horrible one. My husband is a pastor. And i do treasure him… I will pray for you. I’m so very sorry this is your life now. If you read the bible, look up all the scriptures on the word"strength", that’s what i am doing. There are many. But it helps me.

1 Like

I find peace in hearing the Bible. I hurt too bad to sit in church but I do listen to pastor Murray on TV. He’s great all he does is read the good book. He helps me to understand what it means. I’m alone now since December 23 when I lost the love of my life. We were married 31 years. So it’s nice to have someone to talk to. Please feel free to contact me anytime. I’m here to listen. God bless you and yours.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your husband. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Do you qualify for Medicaid? If so you may qualify for In Home Support Services. I’m currently going through the application process to get some help with the housekeeping and food preparation. It sure is hard to take care of everything, and when you add the loss of a loved one to the mix it’s pretty near impossible to find the strength to keep going. Just know that you are never alone and there are lots of resources. Heck, call up a few friends to have a cleaning party and pay them with pizza, soda, and a movie in your living room. If you have a church you attend call up your pastor and ask if there are volunteers to come give you a hand. Some people really enjoy helping others and would jump at the chance to make you smile. As a woman it can be hard to ask for help around the home, I know it’s tough for me but I finally allowed a friend to do some cleaning and I don’t regret it 😁

2 Likes

I feel like every time I go to the doctor they come up with a new diagnosis or something that has to be fixed. I went and got my back fixed because they thought my pain was from my back so I had a lower Fusion done. Then two years later I lost like 75 LB. Everything in my stomach started falling out so then I had to have a Hysterectomy , repair and put a sling in there so things would stay where they’re supposed to be. I had to have a rotator cuff repair which I never knew I had ripped. Jusr recently a meniscus tear in my right knee repaired just before Christmas. Then about a year ago is when they figured out/ that I had fibromyalgia. But before that they turned around and diagnosed me with Lyme disease which I still can understand because I had no symptoms no rash no ring no bite but now that’s in my records to and they still treated me for it. I totally understand what you guys are talking about getting up in the morning and feeling like you’ve been hit, ran over by a truck. I’m so tired, there’s are days where I just sit and I can’t stay awake. I fall asleep so hard I have to fight to wake up. I’m so thankful that I have my husband, he so much wants to take my pain away and he can’t. Sometimes when I cry he holds me too. My kids are great you know how they say that they think it’s hereditary. I’ve have one child diagnosed with fibromyalgia, which I would never give willingly. So now on top of my depression, tears, I have guilt. My days consist of quick Foods cereals things in a toaster grapes pears Frozen breakfast sausage and I try to cook for my family dinners. But I get up in the morning and if I try to clean the house I can only do one room where I sweep it and mop it and then I’m done. I might do dishes along with it. Then it’s like the rest of the day I have to sit because it was too much to do.

2 Likes

I have a dear friend who comes to help me when I need help. She’s awesome. My house is very small and crowded but she’s amazing when it comes to organizing. Life has been hard without myears husband. He was so very sick with copd. I know he’s with the Lord and is in great health now. I will try to get Medicaid. It’s just hard to get to appointments since I haven’t been able to buy a car yet. My son’s are trying to find me a good car. I also take care of my 90 year old mother in law who lives next door. Together we can do anything. She’s an inspiration. She’s more like 65 than 90.lol… We go for walks so we get a little exercise. Thank you for your note it has brought a smile to my face. Enjoy your day and may your pains be few.

1 Like

#rblott88 how how lives have changed. I just try to see what i can be thankful for, it’s hard. Ups and downs. Last woke up at two just crying from the pain. Took sleep meds to get me past that. Today is church so of course i had to be"up"for this. But praise the Lord! Today we had three more people join and two baptisms! God if good. Now I’m home and feel like i could die. Miss my other life. 😐

1 Like

Hi, I can relate a lot on this w u as I have fibromyalgia and have been dealing w it for quit sometime now.

2 Likes

Bless you. You’re not alone in this struggle. I was diagnosed 18yrs ago, at age 21. I still wake up thinking today is the day I’ll be “normal” again. If I’m blessed to see your current age, I do wonder who’ll be able to help me. My mother is my support team now. I don’t know what I would do without her. Thank God for your friend 💞🤗.

2 Likes

I’m 59 was diagnosed when I was 21. It’s a struggle day to day. Along with the pains of fibro I also have to deal with insomnia. I haven’t slept at night for ten years. This is very difficult living like this. I can’t sleep unless I’m totally exhausted. I have tried everything with no results. Sometimes I feel like I’m a freak of nature.only my husband understood. It wasn’t easy on him either.there’s a lot of guilt that goes along with fibromyalgia. From not being able to do the simplest things like sweeping. It’s upsetting to feel like people think you’re lazy. I do set goals for myself, each day I do my best to achieve at least one goal. Today’s goal is washing and putting away the dishes. Wish me luck!!!

1 Like

Okay pain family, i know that fibo is not curable, but for me it’s not livable either. Extremely painful day. Church is tomorrow. Busy day for me. Have to shower soon and my husband has to wash my hair. I do take gabapentin and stay in a heating pad as much as possible. ADVICE PLEASE! What else can i be doing?

1 Like