Fibro ups and downs

Hello. My name is Olivia.

I was in a car accident with a drunk driver 5 yrs ago at the age of 18. My first year I saw about 12-15 doctors for the constant pain, inability to move my neck, numbness and tingling in my arms and legs, leg lameness, etc etc. My back was as hard as a cinderblock, and I couldn’t move my arms above the elbow. I worked full time and was a full time student. All my doctors told me that it was because of the trauma, that I was young and it would heal. I hated life and it seemed to be an overwhelming, constant thought. After 8 months, I saw a chiropractor whom was very patient with my care, she found 2 compressed disc in my neck and 3 in my back. My second year my doctor count skyrocketed to 25. The thoughts never stopped and would ease with my progression but with the regression it got twice as bad. The lack of concern and treatment from clinicians progressed into FM 3 years later. I now have a degenerative L5, my L2-L5 have severe arthritic properties already set in, my arms and legs still ‘lock up’, among other symptoms and diagnosis’, medication has helped but if I’m not careful simple things can cause a flare up. I’m tired all the time and no one truly understands. I’m only 23 and I do have stress, depression, anxiety and I try to stay calm but it’s difficult. Everyday life is hell and emotionally I’m beaten down. Any tips or advice when it comes to the emotional ups and down would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all.

2 Likes

I hear you

My rheumatologist told me to do yoga or meditation every day for a minimum of 20 minutes at a time. I’m not very good at sitting still, so it’s difficult for me but you might try it.

1 Like

I used to do it and it helped but I can’t do it at home. I have to go somewhere and do it and where I am it’s a 30-45 min drive to the next town for a class like that.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you’re not well enough to get out to do things that work for you, will send you lots of positive thoughts😁

1 Like

It sounds like we are twinsies, lol. I joined group therapy & it’s been a big help. I also have a psychology doctor too. Without them I have also felt like giving up.

1 Like