Fecal incontinance

I stopped oral chemo 2 months ago and am now on Tamoxifen. My bowel movements are a sludge and I can’t hold it in, i have accidents most days. Does ayone else have this please?

3 Likes

Yes i had that issue also… Depends work great and a sense of humour

4 Likes

Hi there, thanks for the reply. Did it stop or ongoing? Did you take Imodium for it? It happens 3 x a day sometimes, at home, can’t even get to the loo!

Best wishes c8 x

3 Likes

The doctor gave me the medication I can take up to 4 times a day for diarrhea caused by chemo it works. Being in England? The drug may be different. Google it and see what comes up. Good luck. I’m in Disney this week and I’m constantly looking for bathrooms. Funny thing, ha, ha, I don’t have a stomach cramp or know when it’s coming. You can contact me all the time.

4 Likes

Many thanks. Sounds like you are having fun xx

2 Likes

I have diaherra problem also
I used poise larges pads and stand on puppy pee pads and roll it all up. Then take shower. I takinggeneric iimodium 2 x day wa hour before meal. Mine from radiation.

3 Likes

Oh, its a pain isn’t it. Thank you for that. Am going away this weekend, and am taking as many precautions as i can. X

5 Likes

My diarrhea isn’t helped by the pills. I think it’s because of the variety of food I’m eating. Also, I am under stress that I will soil myself. So far so good. But I can tell you where all the bathrooms are!

6 Likes

I can’t complain. My CML is in remission. Next week I’ll see if eating regular food helps.
I had this before I came because I had to go shopping. I wasn’t as careful as I usually am. I wonder if I picked up something?
Being away from home has exacerbated the problem?

3 Likes

Well I had Ovarian Cancer way back in 1981 had the Radiation and have had no recurrence of any type of Cancer but I have been living with the side effects that they told me “there would not be any side effects from radiation “ HA!

I live with constant loose stools I can’t eat most veggies or fruits about the only thing I can eat is mexican and even then if it’s too spicy it will bother me My husband is well trained he carries an extra pad with him when we shop if I need it he hands it over I disappear and he knows where to find me. Imodium used to help but not so much the only thing I found that really gave me relief was tincture of opium but with all Drs pushing to not prescribe it even for legitimate reasons I suffer without it.

2 Likes

I have the same problem for different reasons . I take 2 imodium after 1st episode then 1 after the next one. I had to stop eating spicy food and acidic foods and drinks which helped tremendously. I still have episodes here and there but much fewer than before

1 Like

I had that happen for a few years! I would have bad accidents. I am a 19 year breast cancer survivor. Had major surgery, chemo, & radiation. Still terrified when mammogram is imminent!

3 Likes

I think it’s the food I eat! Or if I have stress. I’ve been pretty good lately. I still have it but I know what triggers it.

My second issue is back pain. I had my nerves burned and it really helped.

Then I had 4/5 issues within the past 15 YEARS. I always forget about telling my primary doctor. I had an ache from my armpits up and felt out of breath. I can do all kinds of “heavy” , for me, activities and it doesn’t happen.
So my primary wanted me to have a stress test and echo cardiogram.
My father died at 59 of a heart attack. My mother died at 99.

So it took 5 1/2 hours. For part of the time I had to lie on my back with my arms over my head. Then a short time on my stomach with my arms over my head.

Needless to say I ached. But the next day I think I was in the most pain of my life. It lasted a day and a half until.

The doctor called and said everything was fine and the issue is probably stress. I can understand that and totally agree with the outcome.

So I’m feeling wonderful. CML in remission, heart and all those problems healthy, diarrhea under control with Diphenhydramine-Atrop generic for Lomotil.

Yea!

2 Likes

I heard this refusal of doctors to prescribe opioids is causing issues with people who really need them on TV just last night.
Don’t go to the streets. You don’t know what you’ll get!
Can you talk to another doctor with your issues?

2 Likes

Nobody told me this would happen. I now take Imodium regularly, but I still feel uncomfortable in case I have a mishap.

2 Likes

I wonder if talking to a Gastroenterologist about an IBS diet might help? I don’t want to go into the details because so many people self diagnose wrt diets, then see a gastroenterologist, etc and have to start over and it’s all delayed.

I was dx with IBS years before current understanding. I hope this can help you a little

3 Likes

i have stage 2 cancer

2 Likes

i am going through cemo now

2 Likes

I did the sane…changed my eating habits and got better. I’m in the hospital right now with pneumonia as I type this up. I.am hoping they let me go home today

I take one or two Imodium when I’m going out anywhere.
I’ve gone in my bed a couple times. Mostly when I eat something “I” don’t cook.
I know I don’t want to go out sometimes because of this problem.
I also have gas, sometimes smelly. That’s just as embarrassing.
Good luck to you.

1 Like