Family is not always Blood!

I’m new here and I just wanted to say if your family is not supportive or draining the life out you cut them off. I did several years ago and I can honestly say my life is so much better. I don’t have friends, I one but I’m ok with that. I’m 49 and soon will be 50 January 28th. I’m going to live my life to the fullest from here on out.

15 Likes

Your right about family. Friends sometimes are better.

Second off you look beautiful! You don’t look 50 at all!!!

7 Likes

Thank you but this body disagrees with you. 😒 Been giving me hell since I turned 30!

3 Likes

My family disowned me…I live alone…I pray all the time and thank God for what I have…
I’m at My sons house and he’s playing a video game…
Ill write more when I get home

4 Likes

No contact can be awesome and a very self empowering thing to do for oneself. Wishing you the best!

2 Likes

You don’t need them. But they’ll need you at some point. But blocked all of them and moved. I’m in a much better place now and I wouldn’t change a thing about said family. 😊 My 50 chapter will be here soon and I’m not letting no one bring drama and lies and selfish behavioy way.

2 Likes

I feel you, I just had to sever ties with my biological mother right b4 the holidays. Very upsetting story I Will share for those that ask. I never in a million years would have thought she would do and say tome what she did. On the bright side I instantly felt as if a huge weight had been lifted up off my shoulders.
God bless you all. Gentle hugs and kisses to you all.

4 Likes

My mother and I never got along after my father died, I was seven at the time. Everybody made excuses why she treated me with pure hatred. I had four older siblings she treated them like gold. Never acknowledged my birthday but gave all of them parties etc… But when it came to me nothing but excuses. 3 siblings birthday in September, my sister ahead of me January 2nd and then me January 28th. She’d always say she didn’t have money for me. Wow! When she passed I didn’t she’d a tear and I went on a date the same day she died. My siblings treated me like garbage to until I cut them off. I’m better off without them.

3 Likes

I want to know what your mom said or did.

1 Like

Hello Teacup; ya no sometimes a friend Even 1 can be allot more meaningful then a few family members. Its sad but very true. Good luck to you in future & god bless

3 Likes

Thank you! I plan on living from here on out. I’m done just existing it’s past time I get my life back. I’m welcoming 50! 😊🙌🏾

2 Likes

Ok since you asked for my story from the beginning, here goes nothing,
Mom moved to Florida when I was 7. Promised to write me but I never heard from her. She had told everyone that I would look her up when I turned 18, which I did… I wanted to know if all the things I had been told were true. (My step mom adopted me when I was 10 and I dubbed my childhood the Cinderella Syndrome)
I got tired of crying myself to sleep every night. So when I turned 18 I left home. As an adult that situation has changed and we get along much better. Of course they live in Tucson now and I live in Elkhart, IN.
Ok back to biological mother. After looking her up I have tried my darnedest to get back the mother - daughter relationship I desperately needed. From the age of 18 - present age of 53 I was talked bad about to everyone she knows, belittled and berated, but I dealt/took it until this last year. I found out in may she had cancer in her leg an chemotherapy treatment was not an option so she had radiation treatments all summer ad then surgery. Well I have health issues to so I could only go with her to the 1st and last sessions, but I was there every weekend. She needed a vehicle in August of 2018 and asked me to co-sign I told her I would but when I got down there they had but it in my name only. But because she was my mom i got it for her as long as she mad the payments it was good. (If I would have known that she was not paying her bills I wouldn’t have done it.) So when I was at her house on one of the weekends I was told she had a new lover, she found him online. I told her to be careful it probably was a scam, she says she knows but he is real and they are in love. I find out around August of last year she stopped paying on her apartment, utilities and van, She also was borrowing money for other people she had been sending all her money to this man. We helpped her put all her belongings in storage around the end of September because she was having her surgery October 3rd. (While we all were in the waiting room we all started comparing notes an she had sent him upwards of around 20,000 dollars at that point to get him home and there was always a reason why he didn’t get to come home. I was also told everyone was glad they got to know me because they had been told differently.) I brought the van home with me cleaned it out and was going to sell it. Instead I drew up a promissory note for her to sign. She then read it said i got your number signed it anyway. The next time I tried to contact her I couldn’t. She was no longer talking to me because she thought I was trying to pull one over on her.
I was contacted by the financial company that held the loan that she still had not made any payments and per the pn I had the right to go get it. But she was avoiding me. My daughter called me and told me where sh was going to be and I should go get the van because as soon as she left the Dr office she was leaving the state an she doesn’t agree with the way her grandmother was treating me on this van matter. So we went and got the van, waited for her to come out so we could take her to where she was staying and unload the van of her things. She didn’t want me anywhere near her so my husband road with her because we knew we could not trust her to leave by herself. She told us she didn’t owe on the van what was being told and she had proof we asked to see it and she said it was none of our damn business, I reminded her the van was in my name that made it my business and she couldn’t produce it so before we left her apparent I asked her if she needed anything she replied “oh now your worried about me. I said no I have been worried about you the whole time.”
She looked me dead in the eyes and said don’t ever contact me in any possible way ever again. I stopped myself twice from saying anything. I looked at her and said ok and got in the van and left.
As I was driving away I felt as if a big ray of relief had been lifted off my shoulders. ( Is that bad of me?) She told my daughter that the man she has been talking to Will be home this weekend and he really wants to marry her. She said I thought you told me you stopped talking to him her grandmother said no I didn’t. My daughter told her I am done playing this game with you.
So that is my relationship with my mom in a nutshell. I feel at times I should be more upset, then I tell myself you lost your mom when she moved to Florida and you never got her back.

1 Like

Wow! Sorry but that woman is a piece of work. She is not a good person she a user and stupid for giving money to anyone who claims they’re coming in town or whatever the case may be. If he can’t afford to help himself what in the heck she thinks he can do for her. And you did the right thing walk away because you tried. She is a toxic human being you’re better off without her because clearly she was better off without you. I can’t understand people (women) who treat their children like garbage. My mom was selfish as well and mean to me but in the end she needed me. I was thier for her but I absolutely felt nothing for her, it was like I was taking care of just a regular person. But you did your best to have a relationship with her and she didn’t want anything to do with you unless she could get whatever she wanted. I just hope you can let all the hurt go and be happy with your family. 😊

2 Likes

I have forgiven her but that doesn’t mean I will let her back into my life.
The man claims he is on a rig in the middle of the sea and can’t get to his money, he is a millionaire and will pay all her debts, she is in New Mexico now and I don’t have the chance of running into her.

1 Like

Wow she’s crazy if she falling for that. Because I know people who work on rigs and they can transfer money from anywhere. So he’s lying to her. I’m glad you have forgiven her you’re better than me.

1 Like

I was raised to be the better person in a ugly situation. 🙂

2 Likes

I wasn’t raised I took care of myself. 🤷🏽‍♀️😊

2 Likes

Well I guess I did to cuz I had to take care of my younger brother and sister, I was more mom than mom was. Then I went to raising my own kids. Aren’t we a pair. Lol

2 Likes

I’m sure you have done an awesome job! 😊

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I have surrounded myself with a family of choice. This has worked well for me. I hope that you create a healthy happy family! Early Happy Birthday wishes!

2 Likes